Thank Survival Monkey Forum for Telling Me About N-95 Masks Years Ago

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by ED GEiN, Nov 3, 2020.

1. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

Haven't been on this forum for ages as I just got sick of the condescending remarks from certain people and not planning to go on in the future but I just want to thank this forum for telling me about N-95 Masks several years ago. I wound up buying as a result of the information, 200 N-95 Masks at great prices from Amazon way back then before Coronavirus. I bought them for fear of a Nuclear Attack and if not for this Forum I never would have had them on hand when Coronavirus Started. I still don't leave my home much but when I do at least it is with an N-95 Mask under a Face Shield. Stay Safe

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

You're welcome, Eddie. At least you successfully followed some of the advice you received.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

We appreciate ALL input, here Ed... Feedback is important, and I, likely am one of those detractors, you mentioned... I apologize for any such comments, I may have made... We hope you will stay safe, and visit the Monkey Tree more often...

john316, Ganado, SB21 and 5 others like this.
  4. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Hello @ED GEiN I always liked your threads because you generated conversation and I am sure your questions helped some of the lurkers who were to shy to ask. Hoping you will continue to prep & learn. I noticed once Covid hit, people no longer treated me crazy and seemed to appreciate my survival monkey knowledge.

STANGF150, Ganado, SB21 and 6 others like this.
  5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

ED GEIN Welcome back,Hows about an ED on the ground report on doings in you're area?

john316, SB21, TinyDreams and 3 others like this.
  6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The biggest thing they do is keep people from spreading the virus.
    The mask isn't going to stop a spit droplet with a million virus in it from landing in your eye, or stop you from touching your face.

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

@ED GEiN Glad you are back and still with us.
    How has LA been these past few months, Same, better or worse?

8. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Who says you can't prep for the unpredictable future? Well done! Still liking LA?

9. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

How are you coping here in CA? These people in LA are the most oblivious stupid people I've ever observed and are the reason I hardly leave my apartment. They don't wear masks, don't social distance and if you say something they'll come near you so I don't say anything any more.

Motomom34, 3M-TA3, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  10. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

Never really liked it to begin with and will be moving within 2 years of Coronavirus ending. Only thing I like is the Medical and Dental Care here is excellent as are the bike paths.

11. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

As I posted to Motomom, people in LA are the most oblivious stupid people I've ever observed and are the reason I hardly leave my apartment. They don't wear masks, don't social distance and if you say something they'll come near you so I don't say anything any more.Unlike some, I don't mind being in my apartment weeks/months at a time.

3M-TA3, Gator 45/70 and TinyDreams like this.
  12. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

Well I like my odds the best with an N-95 Mask when I do have to leave my home,

13. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

As I posted to Motomom, people in LA are the most oblivious stupid people I've ever observed and are the reason I hardly leave my apartment. They don't wear masks, don't social distance and if you say something they'll come near you so I don't say anything any more.Unlike some, I don't mind being in my apartment weeks/months at a time. I will not go to an outdoor restaurant other than 2 times in 8 months I got some hamburgers to go just because I needed some variety. Rest of the time I've cooked at home mainly Pasta and rice and have Chicago Deep Dish pizza delivered by Fed Ex from Goldbelly,com monthly. Biggest thing is I haven't had my hair cut since end of March and instead of using the washing machines in my building I just order from Amazon and have stuff delivered in front of my door. I have 21 24 Packs of Aquafina stacked in my second bedroom!

14. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

Honestly I don't remember you as a constant detractor. It just gets old after a while being defensive all the time and that's why I stopped posting. I did get some useful info and opinions here and probably will be more of a lurker in the future just to avoid constant confrontation when all I was looking for was an answer or opinion.

3M-TA3, Ganado, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  15. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Welcome back Ed! Glad to see your neighbors didn’t eat you! Stay safe tonight with potential election craziness. Let us know what is happening in your area!

16. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Don't let folks here get under your skin and prevent you from learning what could save your ASS someday. Whatever happened in the past, consider it water under the bridge and move on. For some that might be easier said than done.

Nobody here knows it ALL, if they think they do they're FULL of SHIT.

I'm here for you if you need somebody that has absolutely no problem telling people to FOAD. I hate bullies with a passion.

Thicken your skin is the best advise I can give.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
    3M-TA3, oldawg, Gator 45/70 and 7 others like this.
  17. Mr. Gein. look at the number of people that have responded positively to your post here tonight. Many if not most people aren't going to belittle you. Everyone has value. I know it is difficult, but stay the course.

18. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Yes we tease each other all the time. Its like a family.

3M-TA3 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  19. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Hang in there Ed ,,, I always used peoples negativity and hateful or deragotory comments as way of strengthening my character ,,,, your still alive , you must be doing something right ,,, you can't please everyone all of the time ,,,

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  20. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

I enjoy Ed Threads but I am still going to poke fun at you just because it might force you to see the holes in some of yer logic and well you just lend yerself to it :) But never intended to make you feel bad just give you some drive to think and reevaluate.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7