File Download The ‘Ghost Guns’ That Time Forgot

Discussion in 'Survival Reading Room' started by OldDude49, Apr 2, 2022.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

2. duane

duane Monkey+++

Weird fact, while it is very easy to make a blow back weapon which fires when it closes, it is very hard to machine the lugs needed to lock a Mauser type action or any of the locking actions needed for a closed breach trigger action as well as the gas piston systems often used. It is easy to build a full automatic Sten gun etc, but it would take a very good metal worker and good heat treating to build Mr Browning's B AR and its associated equipment.

More than one SHTF story has included single shot mortars, jellied gasoline launching devices, mouse trap and pipe single shot trap shotguns,etc. Stories of the underground and resistance thru out history describe hundreds of devices, often not lethal, to harass and cost the enemy force time and money. Often the limited effectiveness does in fact cause a major use of resources to counter the threat, One of the most effective devices in history was the shoe bomb that didn't work, many years later they still check my shoes when I fly, as was true of the diaper bomb, etc.

Tully Mars likes this.
  3. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

I won't discourage anyone from doing whatever they may choose to do, but I would urge using caution and taking one's time to thoroughly read and understand what they may be attempting to do.:sneaky:

4. duane

duane Monkey+++

At the present time the effort and the skills needed to go beyond a legal kit to build a weapon are a waste of time. The heat treat alone for a good bolt are beyond most people, Mr Singleshots weapons with some sort of rotary breach or rising breach block are very well designed for the home builder and the classic top break open and such are easy to make and often do not need a lot of complicated machining. So far I have been able to buy classic NEF single shots for less than the materials to build one would cost me. So it not only the legality of building illegal weapons, but for most of us the cost and complications don't make it worth while. Now I am in the process of building a kit muzzle loader that was new in the box and sold 40 or so years ago and comes with a 50 cal and a little larger caliber barrel, can interchange them and the wood is really nice. But I will end up with a totally legal weapon that was state of the art in 1850's and that I love to shoot. Going to go for double set trigger and cap, but at time kit was made I think flintlock was also available.

Tully Mars likes this.
  5. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

PLEASE keep in mind someone went to prison over this!!! they built one and the ATF got wind of it it seems....

6. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

There were a lot of Sten guns when I was a kid easy to make and get parts

Tully Mars likes this.
  7. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

We recently started selling remote light switches at the auto parts store. has a battery op remote to turn on driving lights so you dont have to wire thru the dash. Range of 50 meters or so they say. First thing outta my mouth was I can blow shit up with that remote detonator. sell for 15 bucks

snake6264, oldawg and Tully Mars like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7