The Days Of Our Lives

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Grandpa Patch, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Grandpa Patch

Grandpa Patch Monkey+

I've collected a fair amount of tools over the years. I believe many from my generation have. My son's generation doesn't even own a crescent wrench or know what a pipe wrenches even is (or for). Anyways, my wife and I have had a bit of a 'tiff' over me buying some more tools. I'm not talking about a whole set right off the Snap-On truck either. Just a few little hand tools that I thought I had and haven't been able to find. I figured I left them somewhere and that they where lost. My wife argues that I need to search through my tool bags, again, because she is sure she has seen them around and that I still have them. She has been very adamant about this and doesn't want me to spend anymore money on tools that 'I should have'. She was cleaning out 'her' desk earlier and low and behold.....whoa..la..la..la. Not only did she find the tools that I was missing, but a third of the Zippo's and the belt clip case. Now that I have been so lucky to have had her 'find' all of this, I'm sure my changes of finding the right numbers for the upcoming 1.6B lottery has gone out the window.

[​IMG]Wife_Desk by Grandpa Patch, on Flickr

2. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

I have found that purchasing my wife a number of suitable tools goes a long way to reducing "missing tool syndrome."

3. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

[​IMG]

I like the button....My significant other doesn't believe that any offensively smelly fart is attributable to her...I asked her what her farts smell like....and she said "lavender".

Nice collection of compact tools that will be useful for a range of emergent needs. (y)

oldman11, Dunerunner, oldawg and 2 others like this.
  4. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Every woman should have her own basic kitchen tool set =) smart man! @techsar

oldman11, Motomom34, SB21 and 3 others like this.
  5. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Like the AC/DC lighter and wondering how old it is. Favorite band since the 70's.

oldman11, Dunerunner, Dont and 3 others like this.
  6. Grandpa Patch

Grandpa Patch Monkey+

@Mountainman I honestly do not remember how old that lighter is. I want to say I picked in up somewhere in the late 80's, but am not positive. Old'heimer's disease is kicking in.

7. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

We have a 'Hands Off' rule about some specific/personal items - meaning - I better asked if I can use any personal item of hers (or move one of her plants which is a absolute declaration of war) and she must first asked to use any of my tools. Stops a lot of arguments and keeps the house quiet.

sec_monkey, oldman11, 3cyl and 4 others like this.
  8. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Those are the cleanest tools I have ever seen. Looks like they are brand new. Your pliers are still shiny. Do you wipe them down and polish after use?

Dunerunner likes this.
  9. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

I have found that many unwanted items end up in the Garage. Items that belong in the house or the Garbage. Once in the Garage they suddenly become my responsibility and the available space for tools is reduced.

sec_monkey, oldman11 and Dunerunner like this.
  10. Grandpa Patch

Grandpa Patch Monkey+

Those were new tools (no more than 6 months) that I was using for small projects indoors. I had tried vaping to help quit smoking and those are the tools I purchased for my 'vaping supplies'. Yes, I do try to take good care of my tools. My grandfather was a Chrysler mechanic and then ran his own Arco station. That was back when you could gas and 'full service' existed as well as them having a mechanical bay instead of a AM/PM mini-mart isle. So I was taught to take care of my tools.

My wife does have her own set of tools and yes I have 'violated her space' and searched her tool bag and kitchen drawer looking for these. I don't even want my fingernail clippers moved from the end table next to my chair, so I complete understand and agree with the 'leave my shit alone' policy.

Zimmy, oldman11, Motomom34 and 3 others like this.
  11. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Being in my line of work as an auto service tech I can justify any tool purchase!

Zimmy, sec_monkey, techsar and 3 others like this.
  12. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I was in a woodworkers shop looking at tools one day , and really wanted a door install tool , but the price was higher than I wanted to pay , for the number of times I would use it ,,,the salesman , an older fellow , said the same thing ,,, " You should never have to justify buying a new tool " ,,,, that comment " almost " made that sale .

Zimmy, sec_monkey, techsar and 2 others like this.
  13. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Solved my problem by not having a connected garage.

Stuff now sets outside until garbage day.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7