The DEA isn't about your health, it's about control

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DarkLight, Aug 31, 2016.

1. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

The Drug Enforcement Administration (there it is folks, right there in the name) doesn't give a tinker's cuss about your health, they are all about control. I won't go into what Kratom is or everything about this that is so incredibly wrong and overstepping their bounds, but it is, in so many ways.

Request Rejected
    (Not sure why it's showing up as Request Rejected, the link works)
    The below link is the Google Cache version of the site:
    DEA.gov / Headquarters News Releases, 08/30/16

Many people use Kratom as an alternative to Opiates. Contrary to what they are saying, you can't OD on it. If you try to OD, you get sick and throw it up.

The DEA and big pharma and the government in general (FDA, CDC, etc.) don't give a damn about you. All they care about is controlling you. Opiates have all but dried up for anyone not in acute pain and then only for 3 days at a time (sometimes you can get 5 days) or literally dying of cancer. Chronic pain patients have very literally been put into a physical hell or into a position where they have to break the law to get any relief. Kratom was one of the few legal ways to get relief from a number of chronic pain issues and even then in many cases it simply took the edge off. There are people who have moved OFF of herion and onto Kratom and are leading healthy, productive lives without running the risk of death every time they need something for the pain (Pot is illegal too you know and it has been shown to do wonders for chronic pain patients as well, even in VERY small doses).

This is a blatant control grab and nothing more. They don't like that they can't or aren't willing to regulate it and tax it so they make it impossible to get. Classifying an herb as a Schedule I drug makes possession without a prescription a felony if convicted (and you will be). Congratulations, you just lost your GUN RIGHTS.

States are also buckling under pressure from the medical community and were making it illegal in some cases but many had gone the "over 18" or "over 21" route instead due to the fact that it's NOT actually capable of doing what they are claiming.

This from the same government that has been in the drug trade for decades.

So frustrated for the wife that I could cry right now.

2. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I wish I had known about kratom sooner.

DarkLight and Ura-Ki like this.
  3. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

That sucks. I know people who really need this. It looks like it doesn't officially go into affect until Sept 30 2016

DarkLight and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Don't forget, in states where pot is legal, the oil derivatives with out the THC are a true WONDER for pain. After my "accident" I have had on going pain issues in my leg, hip, back, and shoulder. Before the Pot Oil's, there was only the serious pills or other iIlegal drugs that could even take the edge off, now I can finally be mostly free from all but the worst of it! IF you can, or have people you know that can get any of this for you, please give it a try, it has literally changed my life!

5. DarkLight

We're looking at becoming involved in the legalization effort in this state. I don't know anyone anymore in any state (personally) where it's legal. Thank you for the heads up though.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Speaking of Medical POT Usage..... There was a US Court of Appeals Case, decided today, that states if you have a State Medical Marijuana Card, you are a Prohibited Person, for acquiring a New FireArm....

Ura-Ki likes this.
  7. DarkLight

So she gets the card and I buy the firearms. They are in the house and they are all in my name anyway. And it's just about as easy as can be for me now with the CCW permit.

Ganado, Pax Mentis and Ura-Ki like this.
  8. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

I use an "e-cig" in the place of tobacco lately and have started getting cartridges of high CBD oil at the local pot dispensary (now that recreational use is legal here so one doesn't have to "register" to buy it), a few hits of the vapor and the pain lessens dramatically. Added benefit is that it also lets me sleep about 8 hours.

9. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

government must control all of the things we want and need...so they can control us through them while still living the facade of this being a free country. Yeah...you're free...but if you don't do what I want, you don't get what you need/want/are jonesing like a mofo for.

Homer Simpson likes this.
  10. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

11. BTPost

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    GOG likes this.
  12. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I never even heard of 'Kratom' until now and will have to look it up. So, DEA are the ones that decide what drugs should be or should not be ban? Sounds like a self-licking ice cream cone...

Homer Simpson, Caveman Jim and Ura-Ki like this.
  13. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I think they are working toward outlawing guns in he house altogether if any any in the house is on drugs.
    I could be wrong.

14. BTPost

The Marijuana thing has been in the GCA Statute since it was first passed in 1968.... It is nothing NEW... What IS New, is that some States have legalized, the local Medical and Private Use of this Drug.... and the 9th Circus just looked at the Statute and determined, that when it was written, Congress Felt, and the Sitting President agreed, that the USE of this particular Drug disQualified its User, from Purchasing a FireArm, thru the FFL System. It is STILL, a Federal Felony Crime, and as long as the Statute stands, as written, the Appeals Court doesn't really have any choice, but to uphold the Statute... If folks want to change the Statute, that is just "Spiffy" and when that happens, the Federal Courts will take NOTE, and rule appropriately...

15. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Yup. One of these days the masses will wake up and realize that the courts do not MAKE laws as is sometimes supposed based on the sometimes odd opinions to the contrary. At least good courts do not make that mistake. Anyway, the remedy is climb on your congress critter's back and flog same mercilessly.

Homer Simpson, chelloveck and BTPost like this.
  16. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

DarkLight likes this.
  17. DarkLight

I heard about this and was very impressed. It would be wonderful if it has the desired affect. At this point, however, the wife has gone completely through the process of not using it. I hesitate to call the process anything else. She's looking for other, hopefully less controversial remedies.

Thank you though, it's appreciated that you and others have noticed and kept an eye out on this.

18. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

I wanted to grow the darn plant but not taking the risk

19. DarkLight

Well, I believe it's more of a tree and it really needs to be a mature tree before harvests of a usable size are possible. I could be mistaken though.

20. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

I'm ok with trees I have others. except the damn moringa which keeps drowning on me

chelloveck and DarkLight like this.
  1. Dunerunner
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Yard Dart
  4. Ganado
  5. Motomom34
  6. ED GEiN
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
  8. Asia-Off-Grid
  9. Motomom34
  10. Motomom34
  11. DKR