The face of money

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ghrit, Mar 19, 2015.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Well, now!!
    There's a movement afoot to put a female on the 20 dollar frn. There are, so 'tis said, something like 16 suggested women considered an adequate replacement for President Jackson. Let me start this off by saying I object to any change, NO!! but if we have to, I'd a whole lot rather see a contemporary of Jackson's in place of any one more recent. Let me suggest that Betsy Ross or Molly Pitcher would be far more suitable than any of the prospects. As an alternative, if we have to make changes at all, why not consider animals, say endangered, or common, or even iconic? Think snail darter or salmon, or zebra or iguana, or Lassie or Trigger? (Even poison ivy would work for me if we have to change. [troll])

I'm a throwback, what can I say, maybe a traditionalist. [stirpot]

What think you all? [gone]

2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

So I guess Hillary is out :eek:

3. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

Isn't there a legal requirement a person must be deceased to be featured on currency or postage stamps? Hmmm... seems to put your suggestion into a rather different perspective....
    No, don't go there.

Yard Dart and RightHand like this.
  4. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Well since the 20 is only exceeded in usage by the one dollar bill, I say whatever we choose should be representative of its actual worth or future financial stability. For me what comes to mind is a flushing toilet, or a representation of a black hole, or an hour glass with almost all the sand in the bottom, or maybe a scratch and sniff large pile of crap. ....... Just my 2 cents

Sapper John and Yard Dart like this.
  5. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

LOL, I have a second thought. Since we need a dead woman, and a politician might be a plus, my suggestion would be "Shirley Temple Black."
    There is also the last name. We can say we have a black on a $20 bill. What is not to like about a cute little girl who once shot Eleanor Roosevelt in the butt with a slingshot.

tulianr and Yard Dart like this.
  6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Nothing but win right here men!

beulah.

Yard Dart and VisuTrac like this.
  7. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Funny, considering President Andrew Jackson was the ONLY President (or anybody for that matter) to successfully kill the private banks. His efforts to rout out the snakes lasted more than 70 years, extending well into Lincoln's tenure when he signed the Banking Act of 1865 (a mistake he would have corrected if he had not been shot, in my opinion). Yes, Jackson actually knew VERY WELL the dangers these private banks present, as they have controlled our money since the First Bank of the United States, to present day...

It's no wonder they would like to replace his likeness with a woman. No offense.

8. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Gator 45/70 and Brokor like this.
  9. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

[OO][eek3]

10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

If HC were to die, SOON, She would be at the TOP of the List.... as the Smartest Woman, in the History of the Planet......

11. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

12. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

My vote would go to Lucy "Lady" Knox. A patriot as much as her husband General 'Fat' Henry Knox.

13. melbo

for the back side of the bill:

Brokor likes this.
  14. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Do any of you have any doubt that "sitin' on the toilet" lady voted for Obama twice at least?

15. melbo

And probably the fart lighter guy with the baby next to him

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  16. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

I vote for Betty White

melbo likes this.
  17. melbo

Hey @Ganado, welcome to the Monkey!

18. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

TXS Melbourne!

19. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

OMG I hate autotype... So I mistyped your name melbo

melbo likes this.
  20. melbo

lol. Happens to me a lot with auto correct too.
    You can always edit your posts:
    \ upload_2015-3-20_21-25-8.

Brokor and Ganado like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7