The Great Bovine Conspiracy!

Discussion in 'Tin Foil Hat Lounge' started by Thunder5Ranch, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

After spending from 5am to 10am getting 4 cows back to a 20' gate and then to actually walk through the 20' gate....... after being woke up by the good neighbor telling me 4 of my cows were walking South down her fence line. On a 8 degree morning and no time to burn up a pot of coffee.... Off I go to hopefully get ahead of the escaped cows before they get to the end of the neighbors fence line that divides out properties, once past that it is wide open woods and ravines LOL. I did manage to get ahead of them about 100 feet from the end of the fence line and get them turned around and headed back to my pastures South gate.

I take my fence seriously the entire perimeter of the pasture is 5' Sheep and Goat woven wire with a T post every 10 feet and topped with 2 strands of barbed wire and a electric wire protruding about nose high and powered by a light yer ass up hard Bull Zapper fence charger. So on the half mile walk back to the gate I am pondering....... HOW IN THE HELL DID THEY ESCAPE THIS TIME!!!

It must have been the lack of my morning coffee that brought the Tin FOil HaT out and onto my head as we walked. It must be a Great Bovine Conspiracy to plan the escapes only on days when certain conditions are present like BEING THE COLDEST MORNING of the year to date, or the day that it is pouring down rain and the fields are 2' deep sucking mud with every step. And that they carefully planned and executed strategy straight out of the art of war.

Turns out nothing that complex and yep they are just stupid cows that wandered out of a gap created by a big tree limb that dropped last night and smashed 30 feet of fence down in the process. Oddly enough the Bull and 4 calves were milling around the smashed down fence but would not step over it.

Now I am back in my Mike Cave Camper Office, the hot pot of coffee ready to pour and the heater cranked way up thawing me out. And now starting to wonder if the cattle cut a deal with the woodpeckers to bring that big limb down on the fence!

In all seriousness putting escaped cattle back where they belong in 8 degree temps is probably worse and more exhausting than putting escaped cattle back where they belong on a 100 degree day......

enloopious, GOG, Yard Dart and 8 others like this.
  2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Frozen limbs fall hard.

3. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Yeah, I think you are on to something here... I'm betting they had outside help and those woodpeckers have a long history of criminal behavior.

Yard Dart, sec_monkey, SB21 and 3 others like this.
  4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Might wanna have a long sit down with them Damn Beavers, they are well known for such shenanigans, also might wanna check with the Local 43 Fraternal Deer guys, they are always implicated some how, ether as look outs, or accessories in some way, those guys are super shifty too, never know what they might be up to!

5. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

The Beavers collective bargaining agreement here specifies that they will not work farther than 100' from a Beaver navigable waterway and we are well out of their contractual range of operations. However a colony of SCAB Muskrats has taken up residence in a stock pond................. The Deer are straight up MERCs that will work for whomever offers the best package,,,,, I also have not ruled out involvement from the Squirrel Empire and their Chipmunk Minions.

6. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

7. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Well, if they get access to weaponry.... you might want to consider doubling security and putting the troublemakers on a spit before you got a full blow revolution on your hands.

Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. Srchdawg-again

Srchdawg-again Monkey++

If you have to get up at 0500 to chase bovines they are not cows they are SONSABITCHE$ been there done that. I think cows are dumber than a chicken

9. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I read Animal Farm. Keep a sharp eye on the pigs and don't let them anywhere near the bed sheets.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7