The New Ethos We Live By

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by duane, Apr 11, 2021.

1. duane

duane Monkey+++

The Greeks defined ethos as the spirit of a culture as defined by its beliefs and aspirations. We in the US used to have one defined by .our common area of origin and our common religious beliefs. Even those who were not formally of that religious background nor came from that area accepted those beliefs and followed its principles. While you can argue as the left insists, that it was not all inclusive nor fair to many people, people of color, native Americans, women, etc, it was at least a common basis for our lifestyle.

An opinion piece in today's Fox News would seem to indicate the change to a new ethos and while we may not like it or wish to conform to it, you do so at your own risk and your career and perhaps in the future your life may depend on meeting some new set of laws and expectations.

Victor Davis Hanson: The 10 radical new rules that are changing America

Portland ICE building set on fire during Saturday night protest: reports

CNN however neglected to mention the fires set and the story instead concentrated on the federal law enforcement use of pepper balls and other crowd control devices to disperse a demonstration and the report is about crowd control at a protest and not arson of a federal building.

Portland protests: Officers deploy crowd control agents outside an ICE building - CNN

This is becoming ever more obvious as the actual impacts of voting, rioting, racial relations, etc become every more defined by some force not part of our current laws. Thus the president of the USA stating that the Constitution is not a universal document, but open to change and that he can decide which parts are law and which aren't not the Supreme Court and that if it does disagree with his views, he has the right to change the courts membership . It is also OK to riot for months on some causes, but mostly peaceful resistance and questioning of authority can become an insurrection and people are being punished for having dissenting opinions. The laws are already on the books, just haven't been widely used in the past.

[USC02] 10 USC Ch. 13: INSURRECTION

At this moment everything is in flux and we don't even have the security of an official line as did those under Mao who had his little red book to cover their actions. We all know how that worked out.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
    Meat likes this.
  2. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I had more luck defining the new ethos in my liberal diary than any of the present pundits. Saw this shit coming,

Meat, Yard Dart, duane and 2 others like this.
  3. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

9c373eb586b2251b.

Meat, enloopious, johnbb and 3 others like this.
  4. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Yep, and....look son...you're standing next to a judgmental misogynist twat teaching you how to behave like a K*nt. Besides, your dad shouldn't be saying such things about your mom. ;)

[​IMG]

The old ethos of male privileged patriarchy is alive and well it seems. :rolleyes:

Meat likes this.
  5. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Men who think we females need them to stand up for us are much more insulting than the guys you are calling sexist. The sexism of low expectations and wanting to keep Me and my fellow women thinking we are victims has bothered me much more than any nasty comment or an attempt by a slime ball to cop a feel ever did. Men who claim to be feminists are the worst sexists around in my opinion.

Meat, OldDude49, GOG and 1 other person like this.
  6. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Most men cannot handle strong women.

My sister was a beat cop in Tucson for over a decade. She finally quit - turned out most of the pigs were just sexist pigs.... She got tired of the guff and walked.

chelloveck, mysterymet and Meat like this.
  7. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

This is obviously sarcasm. You guys don't know how to take a joke. Nobody is this stupid in real life.

GOG and Meat like this.
  8. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Stay out of Las Vegas, that's a bet you would lose.

enloopious and Meat like this.
  9. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Memes are just memes remember. Calling a character in a meme naughty words breaks code. “Look, Mom” was funny though. I’d consider adding something like that to the end of the meme for sure. Little boy: “Isn’t that Mom?” “Isn’t that Grandma?” “Isn’t that Grandpa?”

10. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

It's a joke that's all.

11. duane

duane Monkey+++

Article on NBC news indicates that DHS under Mr Biden are talking about domestic terrorism.

DHS weighing major changes to fight domestic violent extremism

Thus a statement made by an individual could lead to major sanctions with no legal recourse nor ability to defend oneself. Big Brother may be close to establishing his desired political state.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7