The OLD Boy Scouts?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OldDude49, May 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Meat likes this.
  2. ochit

ochit Monkey+

I have made a vow to not buy support or help either the Boy scouts or the Girl scouts ever again Rex Tillerson was the one who broke (back mountain) the Boy scouts if my memory is correct.

Meat likes this.
  3. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

The old Scouts were into this kind of stuff

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    not that there was a lot of water in the SoAz desert - the idea was to have fun - the adults were there to keep the kiddos from killing themselves.

Meat, oldbee1966 and Motomom34 like this.
  4. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I love Tom Lehrer. I think that he was suggesting that a condominium might be more effective preparation than rhythm when doing the tatami tango.

I was a Boy Scout back in the day, and I don't think that missing the toxic masculinity aspects of Baden Powell's Victorian era 'Muscular Christianity' Muscular Christianity - Wikipedia would be any great loss. I do regret there not being a merit badge for interpretive dance though. I did however earn Athlete upload_2018-5-26_11-39-47. and upload_2018-5-26_11-37-34. Back Woodsman merit badges. The Back Woodsman badge training sparked my interest in survival which has become a lifetime interest.

http://digitalcommons.macalester.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1014&context=reli_honors
    When Jesus got ‘too feminine,’ white dudes invented Muscular Christianity

Last edited: May 25, 2018
    Meat likes this.
  5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Shhoooore they are ---
    [sarc2][ROFL][fnny]

Meat and chelloveck like this.
  6. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Yep a herneated spinal disc was the best thing I got from playing British Bulldog.:unsure:

Last edited: May 25, 2018
    Meat likes this.
  7. ochit

ochit Monkey+

New boy scout leader training manual cover

[​IMG]

New troop inspection pose

[​IMG]

New Girl scout magaxine first issue,

[​IMG]

OK look out below !

[​IMG]

my opinion of what the world needs to do
    [​IMG]

8. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

When I was in scouting both as a scout and assistant scout master , there was no horsing around in my troops.
    We were there to learn and have fun working together and accomplishing necessary projects.
    There was no free time to horse around and do stupid things .
    Where supervision was loose was among men with low moral standards, we had no participation .
    The standards for being a scoutmaster are/were high generally for being approved ,but like most things, people know how to fool the system. Or maneuver their own agendas.

ochit likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7