The orher Dylan, Nobel Lecture

Discussion in 'Survival Reading Room' started by duane, Apr 19, 2020.

1. duane

duane Monkey+++

Those of us who love his words, if not he voice, relish his works like his Official Nobel Lecture. In it either he, or his speech writer although I doubt it, gave perhaps the greatest reason to listen to the words in a song I have ever heard. They may be meaningless, but sometimes they contain the knowledge and soul of man kinds total existence. Be careful when you wish to throw out the words of old dead white men, Dylan explains that his whole view of life was altered by several books, one in truth has lead to all his anti war songs and there impact on all of us. Don't know how to make it a resource, but it should be, if we ever do have to recreate civilization, after a disaster or a cultural collapse, this is a perfect statement of what we need in the archives for the future. Even more upsetting is that when he was growing up in northern Minnesota, he was required to read these books, and what they led to, now they wish to remove them from the "educated" at the college level. The Nobel Prize in Literature 2016

Dylan,s latest poem Bob Dylan – I Contain Multitudes Lyrics | Genius Lyrics

The danger in Dylan, one word in his song leads to this Antoin Ó Raifteirí: Máire Ní Eidhin (The Lass from Bally-na-Lee) - Love poems & quotes: German, French, Italian, Russian etc. The rabbit hole is very deep and has many twists and turns.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
    Bandit99 and Dont like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7