The Ruger® SR-762™ CHROME-PLATED, TWO-STAGE PISTON

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by stg58, Nov 2, 2013.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

Interesting but at 2K a copy I will stay with my FALs.

Amazing how all of the firearms companies Ruger, Remington, S&W have jumped on the AR-15 & AR-10 bandwagon after years of shunning it. I guess all of those lost law enforcement contracts to Colt and others swayed them.

Stock: Black Synthetic, Collapsible Finish: Manganese Phosphate/Hardcoat Anodized
    Sights: Folding Iron Sights Height: 8.00"
    Barrel Length: 16.12" Overall Length: 34.75" - 38.00"
    Width: 2.50" Weight: 8.60 lbs.
    Twist: 1:10" RH Grooves: 6
    Length of Pull: 11.50" - 14.75" Capacity: 20
    Suggested Retail: $2195.00

Features:
    • Ruger® patented chrome-plated, two-stage piston with multi-stage regulator provides a cleaner, cooler running, reliable firearm with superior operating endurance. The two-stage piston provides a smooth power delivery stroke to the bolt carrier.
    • The four-position chrome-plated gas regulator can be adjusted for optimum reliability and superior operating endurance. The gas system may be closed completely for manual operation during training or when using a suppressor*.
    • Folding backup iron sights include a windage adjustable rear sight and an elevation adjustable front sight. These sights provide a solid, reliable aiming system that can be folded out of the way to make room for optics, but can be instantly redeployed if needed.
    • Six-position telescoping M4-style buttstock* is mounted on a Mil-Spec diameter tube.
    • Precision-rifled, chrome-lined, cold hammer-forged Mil-Spec 41V45 chrome-moly-vanadium steel barrel ensures accuracy and longevity.
    • Fluted barrel (for reduced weight and improved barrel cooling) features an SR-556®/Mini-14®-style flash suppressor* mounted with a 5/8"-24 thread.
    • Round, smooth-sided Ruger® Lightweight Adaptable handguard with flattop receiver features a Mil-Spec 1913 Picatinny rail at 12:00 position that extends the full length of the handguard. Drilled and tapped for additional rails at the 3:00, 6:00 and 9:00 positions (two additional rail sections included), providing ample space for mounting sights, lights, lasers or other accessories.
    • Hogue® Monogrip® pistol grip* adds comfort when carrying or shooting.
    • Chrome-plated bolt and chrome-plated one-piece bolt carrier with oversized and radiused rear bearing surface.
    • Also Includes: three 20-round MAGPUL® PMAG® magazines*; soft-sided case; three finger-grooved rail covers.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  2. BTPost

BTPost Old Fart Snow Monkey Moderator

After the Ruger X-GI fiasco, it took them a while to get back in the High Power SemiAuto Rifle Game. Not surprising at all....

3. bfayer

bfayer Keeper Of The Faith

Yeh, I never figured that one out. The mini 14 was a smaller incarnation of the M14, fair enough, I like mine, great little gun.

The XGI was a larger version of the mini 14. What exactly it was supposed to do that the M14 could not already do, I am not sure. It was kind of like a company making a cheap replica of a of average mid size car that is still in production, and then charge more for the cheap knock off than the original you could still buy off the dealers lot. Not the best business move Bill Ruger ever made.

4. Harbin

Harbin Monkey+

After reading a few reviews i got interested as well, best prices i could find were 1700-1800. Currently waiting on my local FFL to get lead times and pricing. Not that I'm jumping on it, just curious at this point.

5. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

It looks like the design of the aft portion of the upper receiver makes it incompatible with the DPMS or the Armalite. Thanks a bunch, Ruger. I wonder what thread pitch they use for the upper receiver to barrel nut- any bets it's something wacky, too. That's a shame, as I like several design features of the rifle, but don't need to buy a whole rifle; just the complete upper would do.

Brokor likes this.
  6. bfayer

bfayer Keeper Of The Faith

Ruger has always embraced proprietary designs. For some reason it must be working for them because they are selling guns like crazy.

I know that although I really like most of what Ruger does, I just won't spend money on something I can't support in an emergency.

I can get a firing pin for my AR anywhere, Ruger won't even sell me one for my mini 14.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Brokor and Silversnake like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7