The Stranger In The Woods

Discussion in 'Survival Reading Room' started by Meat, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

This book was about the North Pond Hermit in Maine. 27 years alone. Some dispute that fact though. I believe it myself. The burglarizing part is disturbing but I wasn’t in his shoes. I give this book two thumbs up. :D

Asia-Off-Grid and Bandit99 like this.
  2. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I have heard of the book but haven't read it. I put it in my book list for purchase. There is a big difference between being alone and being lonely. Frankly, I am one of those freaky people that like and prefer being alone, seldom get lonely. In general, life is much more simpler alone...but I like having the red head around too. :D

oldman11, Dont, Motomom34 and 3 others like this.
  3. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I
    Same. :D

Bandit99 likes this.
  4. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Here is the link on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1101875682/?tag=survivalmonke-20

Will put it on my TBR pile.

Meat likes this.
  5. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

A section of this book covered the science behind peace and quiet in regards to brain function. The author annoyed me slightly as he was overbearing towards the gentleman. :D

Motomom34 likes this.
  6. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Same here as well. Not to many friends of mine know exactly where I live , or have ever been here.
    Home is where I go when I'm sick of being around people , and I don't get to stay home as much as I'd like.

Motomom34, Meat and Bandit99 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7