TOTM June, 2017 is "Organization"

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by ghrit, May 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

That's why it is good to know how to stop them...

A pit works for tanks. Dug in the middle of the road, 25' long and the width of the roadway; the sides must be vertical. dug in advance using a back hoe and filled with water and soil mixed to a liquid muck consistency, then covered with a tarp or other material that is painted or dyed to look like the roadway surface. Tanks check in, they don't check out. Only works once, though and they stop using the roads or recon ahead of the convoy.

For Armored transports MRAP..
    [​IMG]

2. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Ironically the legal definition of a gang is a 'SOCIETY'. If you want to have some real fun just try telling the judge you belong to ANY society other than the LAW SOCIETY. EX: 'I am John Smith of the Society of Free Masons'. He will have those comments stricken from the record because Statutory Law only applies to members of the Law Society.

Black's Law:
    SOCIETY. A group of like minded people gathered together for a common purpose.

Ganado and Motomom34 like this.
  3. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Like most people on here, I read Lights Out. That was a great book that showed a community of homes coming together. I think it had many great suggestions on evening meetings, assigning groups for different tasks. I think it would be very important post-SHTF to take inventory of skills and hobbies, plus other essential things like gardens, poultry etc... some may not want to contribute but I think most people would disclose. I do not believe I would want to pool food and such with my community but I would consider donating some medicines, bandages and stuff like that if we set up a community clinic. I think that is one thing that would be important, a clinic. Illness can be scary and having your local hospital would add to the panic of normal services not being available.

duane likes this.
  4. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

I think it is better to have a doctor come to your home, limit exposure to the family (already exposed) and the health care staff. Nothing wrong with a clinic/operating room, but something to consider.

Motomom34 likes this.
  5. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Maybe you should contribute what you think is missing.....rather than whining. ;)

Asia-Off-Grid likes this.
  6. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

And a very impressive second post, I may add.

Motomom34 and Yard Dart like this.
  7. M118LR

M118LR Caution: Does not play well with others.

First problem with Organizations vs Clans is the whose in charge question. Clans have a built in hierarchy. But I don't believe that a clan needs to have every possible workshop, as society has taught US that we can barter/trade with other clans to obtain items not normally crafted within our clan. This is the first step toward civilization as we know it, specialization of crafts/trades. JMO.

Ganado likes this.
  8. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

The bigger tanks and toys did not ultimately prevail in Vietnam, though admittedly the Vietnamese suffered enormously during America (and France's) involvement in those wars. Cunning, adaptability and perseverance often enough will prevail against brute force...what it sometimes comes down to for either side, is the acceptable cost of prevailing.

1. Prepsteader13
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Dunerunner
  6. DKR
  7. Dunerunner
  8. Coyote Ridge
  9. Dunerunner
  10. Dunerunner
  11. Dunerunner
  12. Motomom34