The Truth about the Vietnam War

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OldDude49, Jun 26, 2021.

1. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Vietnam...just another war in a long list of wars that simply did not have to be fought and was fought for market share, political power and, more than anything, personal financial gain - economics. War is big business. It's that simply. And, who picks up the bill, not only in dollars but blood and not only during the conflict but for decades afterwards? It's a good gig and a guaranteed win for those in power. For example, one of the major stock holders in Bell Helicopter was dear ole LBJ's wife. Strange how politicians never holds damaging evidence themselves, isn't it. Americans love a good war. Wave the flags and beat the drum and bayonet a few babies or throw them on the floor (Opps! Didn't happen, WW1 and Kuwait propaganda) and away we go!

In fact, tell me a war that was just besides the Revolutionary War.

WW1? Records released in 2014 showed the Lusitania was definitely carrying war materials, loaded to the gills with ammunition - yet - the Germans even ran a front page ad in the New York Times stating that area was a off limits war zone and and ship transporting war materials was a valid target. The real reason - probably to ensure wealthy and powerful Americans/Corporations didn't lose all the money they had loan the British Commonwealth if they lost the war.

WW2 Pacific? We forced the Japanese into war by shutting off their oil and steel then even got the Dutch and Brits to follow suite. The Japanese were knee deep in a war with China and only had enough reserves for about a year IIRC. What were they suppose to do being a sovereign and proud nation, they were in a corner and FDR is on record as even stating "We may have just started a war" which I believe he wanted to pull the USA out of the depression era, since he had tried everything else. The real reason - economics, big business.

WW2 Europe? The US Navy had been attacking any German submarine in the Atlantic to keep their shipments of war material to the UK safe for a long time before war was declared. After Pearl Harbor, Hitler declared war on the USA because in his own words, "We're already at war with the US." The real reason, economics and power. A strong Germany in control of Western and Europe manufacturing and natural resources was unacceptable to the Balance of Power as seen by the UK and USA.

Korea? I'm still trying to understand what the hell we got out of it besides body bags. A free South Korea? All we did is piss off the Chinese and they damn near drove us out with our a$$ in our hands. No, again it was about power and profit, pure old economics.

Vietnam and onwards...all the same. The next just war will be the Revolutionary War II, that one will definitely be a just war.

Gator 45/70, Dark Wolf and HK_User like this.
  2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

More likely Civil War II. I see revolting against oppression to be just. But these days, "we" are oppressing ourselves, and getting out from under that weight will be just.

3. Bandit99

Yes, I called 'Revolutionary War II' to tie it to the other just war that came to mind but, yes, it is more correct to call it a Civil War 2 since it will be against our own government.

Gator 45/70, Dark Wolf and HK_User like this.
  4. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Our revolutionary war was fought by patriots who were minimally taxed by the king, they were fresh immigrants one or two generations away from coming from England so the fire of liberty and freedom still burned in there gut. They were mainly farmers without mortgages and government taxes to the extent we have now. They were self-sufficient, if things got tough there was ample land to move west and start over. Basically they were tough people who could endure far more than people of today. For these reasons I don't see a revolution like our ancestors (mine) took part in ever happening again. We like the frog in the hot pot of water as the temperature rises we just sit there oblivious. Sure there are some of us who still have that fire of freedom still burning but the aren't enough of us. The majority of people will sit back in the pot of water and let the tyrants rule over them as long as they have the illusion they are free. Sorry for the rant.

5. Jaybird

Jaybird Monkey+++

I pray you are wrong. But I fear you are correct.

Gator 45/70, SB21, Dark Wolf and 2 others like this.
  6. Bandit99

I also fear you are probably correct, I hope not, but I think you are. Nevertheless, there is a bit of hope as apparently our Revolutionary War was fought by a very small percentage of the population. And, if we look at our Civil War, a huge percentage of the populous was involved. I guess what I am saying is there are some historical facts that can give us hope.

For us, our family of two, we have set some trigger points that when the US government trips them and if the people don't push back in a big way - well - we'll leave. Hell, it's barely America now anyway and it won't be anymore if they stack the Supreme Court or nullify the 2nd Amendment. We have it better than most as no kids or family here and no debit, so we'll sell out and get out. But, if the people finally start acting like real Americans, like our forefathers, and simply say "Enough!" then we will stay.

7. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

hmmm.... if they don't do that big reset before the other things happen...

isn't the reset thingy supposed to make it so we own nothing and will be happy?

what could ya sell if no one (but the government) owns anything???

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. Bandit99

I don't believe even our government could take this huge a leap to eliminate private ownership - maybe in time but not over night. While Americans are, in my opinion, are over fed and over comfortable making them overly tolerate of their government, they also would only tolerate so much at one time. So, I believe something as drastic as this would backfire on them - bad. Let's face it. Should the US government ever make such a mistake that truly unites while pisses off Americans - well - you can talk about M1 Abrams, A-10s, or even nukes but nothing, nothing would be able to stop citizens from regaining this country. It's all in the numbers, and, all those snowflake, Leftie Fascists whackos know it. Hell, that was why they were so shook up about that little riot on Capital Hill...and they should have been.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Who's say the guy in that M1 Abrams, A-10 or any other piece of military hardware won't turn it on the government. Bidumbs reckless comment shows just how delusional he is.

Gator 45/70 and BTPost like this.
  10. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

i do not disagree with you... but a thing that is happening right now...

big corp is buying up LOT'S of homes in some area's and they are NOT reselling them...

which may mean nothing... but then again... think of all the rent they can get if no one is allowed to own a home???

thinkin maybe the gov... if they do try to basically disinherit everyone... will give them a pass and control???

but the gov and big corp is selected to run things for the gov???

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  11. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I was doing work for a company a few years ago that was buying every home they could get , fixing them up and renting. I've heard now , they are developing and building new homes , whole neighborhoods, just to rent . You may be close in your assessment.

OldDude49 and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7