They don't need no stinkin gun???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OldDude49, Feb 8, 2020.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

As opposed to holdup perps using guns where more firearms are owned by the general population? I think i would prefer to take my chances against an edged weapon than a gun thank you....with my infantry pattern officer'ssword of course. ;)

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

aren't swords and even big knives n such ALSO outlawed?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Yep ,, I would prefer the perp to show up with a Klingon Sword as well ,,, I wouldn't feel I had to be as quick on the draw with my S&W 45 cal. Phazer ,,,,:D

Tully Mars, Dunerunner, 3cyl and 3 others like this.
  5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Question: What kind of “Nut” shows up to a Gun Fight, with a Bat-Leth? Answer: A dead one....

6. chelloveck

Anyone can own swords and even big knives in Australian jurisdictions which regulate bang-bang, and non bang-bang weaponry. There are certain regulatory restrictions on having them on one's person in public, or in schools(private or public), as well as a number of exemptions from those restrictions. That is perhaps a nuance lost to some folks, both in, and outside of Australia. The carriage of certain kinds of 'weapons' is generally a State matter, except on Commonwealth property where the AFP and Commonwealth law has jurisdiction.

In N.S.W. the relevant section of the Summary Offences Act 1988, regulations concerning the carriage of swords, knives and other sharp edged items are elaborated upon:

SUMMARY OFFENCES ACT 1988 - SECT 11C Custody of knife in public place or school

I have had a knife pulled on me when I asked a puny runt to tone down his harassment of other library patrons at my local municipal library. I told him to f*ck off...unless he wanted a conversation with the police... I pointed to the security cam scanning the front foyer area. I reported the incident to the library staff, and he has not, to my knowledge ever returned.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

3cyl and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Show us your sword Chello old buddy.

SB21 likes this.
  9. chelloveck

It's a Pattern 1897 sword, made by Wilkinsons.

[​IMG]
    My father gave it to me when I was promoted to the rank of Captain, and I wore it to his investiture at Government House (Sydney) to the Medal of the Order of Australia as well as other military ceremonial parades.

[​IMG]

10. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

An officer huh? Explains a a lot.:LOL:

11. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

[salute]
    From me ,, to you and your Dad ,,,

12. chelloveck

It explains that I exercised for some time until retirement, miltary command and leadership responsibilities. I rose through the ranks as an enlisted man, so I have the benefit of viewing service and civilian life through both perspectives. ;)

3M-TA3, Mountainman, SB21 and 4 others like this.
  13. chelloveck

Thank you, SB.

My service experience has informed much of my interest and commitment in prepping and survivalism.

14. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

There seems to be a larger percentage of the military/veterans that preps than compared to the percentage of civilians that prep. At least here in the US.

chelloveck, SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  15. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Oh yeah man, I like that plenty !!!

Dunerunner, chelloveck and SB21 like this.
  16. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

You don't bring a knife to a gun fight!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7