This and That

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Minuteman, May 11, 2022.

1. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Sometimes I have trouble trying to find a relevant thread to post something. I don't want to start a separate thread for every little tidbit or single story. So I thought, with the elections coming up, I'd start this one for anything election related.

3M-TA3 and HK_User like this.
  2. Minuteman

I don't know how I feel about this guy. With Ted Nugent amd Donald Trump endorsing him it gives me pause. The fact he holds dual citizenship in Turkey doesn't concern me. I lived in Turkish Republic of North Cyprus for many years and have many Turkish friends. They are some of the fiercest fighters for freedom and liberty I have ever been around. And I have as many friends who oppose Erdogan as support him. So I have seen and heard both sides.
    The comments about Red Flag laws I really don't get too alarmed about if you read the entire context. He said he could see a law that when a report is made the authorities take that as a red flag and investigate the person's social media posts, etc to see if he is a threat. But not just take action based on one person's statement. So I might be able to go along with that.

Dr. Oz Roasted, Schooled by Gun Hobbyists After Releasing Awkward Shooting Video Dr. Oz Schooled by Gun Hobbyists After Posting Awkward Shooting Video

HK_User likes this.
  3. Minuteman

3M-TA3 and apache235 like this.
  4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Seems like DR. OZ needs to get his research on issues up to date... He is acting like a typical Politico, and has been on BOTH sides of many issues... Kind of like talking out of BOTH Sides of his Forked Tounge... I don't care much for Celebrity Politicos, or maybe I just don't like Politicos, PERIOD...

SB21, techsar, 3M-TA3 and 4 others like this.
  5. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

everything I've read about Dr. Oz says NO!

SB21, 3M-TA3 and Thunder5Ranch like this.
  6. Minuteman

I heard one of his opponents, the black woman, don't recall her name right off but I was impressed with what she was saying. If I was from there that is probably who I would be voting for.

SB21 likes this.
  7. Minuteman

Last edited: May 11, 2022
    SB21 likes this.
  8. Minuteman

img-82a177bf.

What kind of BS is this?

3M-TA3 and SB21 like this.
  9. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

OldDude49 and Minuteman like this.
  10. Minuteman

So the aparatchik is going all out to attack and smear her. That in itself seems to me to show that she has something they are afraid of. Trying to smear her military service is low.

Questions over Kathy Barnette Military Records Take Center Stage in Pennsylvania Primary Questions over Barnette Military Records Take Center Stage in PA Race

11. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I hope she's not been lying about her service,,, that will end her chances.

12. Minuteman

The article seemed to justify her claims. The confusion, or the disinformation her opponents are lobbing, have to do with how long she served and even the article states that she was a reservist first, served in the National Guard and then the Army reserve. So she was 100% truthful about her service, they are only trying to say she didn't serve as long, 10 yrs, as she says she did. The whole article sounded to me like a desperate attempt to find any discrepancy they could to try and tarnish her. It stank of desperation.
    One of her opponents who has dropped out of the race was even asking why if she served 10 yrs she was only an E4 and not an E5. Yep seems to me like looking for mud. Makes me wonder if they are that desperate to smear her, what are they afraid of?

It will be an interesting race to watch.

SB21 likes this.
  13. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

It seems that Kathy Barnette is being dirked by her fellow Republican competitors. Fratricidal blood on the floor all round in that GOP primary race it appears.

14. Minuteman

15. Minuteman

16. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

It seems that now days ,, if you associate yourself with Trump ,,, you're getting votes . If Trump backs you ,,, you're getting votes . Trump said she couldn't win ,,,,, Trump is backing the Oz ,,, and so far , he's in the lead ,, last I heard .

17. Minuteman

Finally some dirt on the other guy

img-2e2865f1.

Seawolf1090 likes this.
  18. chelloveck

It seems a pretty close race between the top 3 GOP hopefuls....

Although Mehmet Oz is endorsed by DJT, Oz may not be particularly popular with the MAGA base, given his dual nationality, and that the MAGA Base probably can't discern ISIS from Muslim lite (Sufism) The other major problem is that he is a late convert to the conservative Republican cause, and carries a lot of historical progressive baggage, which he is hysterically trying to paper over with awkward 2A promo advertisements and other conservative sound bite self promotion.

McCormick is a more of a traditional GOP candidate...more establishment, and probably the preferred candidate for white nationalists...given that the main alternatives are a woman of colour, and a Muslim of Middle Eastern extraction. Being a decorated veteran who earned a Bronze Star is a help, which should garner the support of Oath Keepers and the like. He also has a number of notable establishment GOP endorsements ...by Mike Pompeo, Ted Cruz etc. which give him a lift as a 'safe' middle of the road bet.

Barnett certainly appeals to the MAGA base, and that is her special power in this race...Being a woman of colour is an advantage , and a disadvantage....certainly the late improvement in her support seems to have been built on undecideds, finally deciding, and deciding for the underdog in this race. Whether the improvement in her prospects will improve further still may depend on how much, and what quality of dirt can be thrown at her that sticks, and how many of her supporters defect.

The survivor of this dirkfest is likely to need a blood transfusion. ;)

Last edited: May 13, 2022
    apache235 likes this.
  19. Minuteman

SB21 likes this.
  20. chelloveck

Making bigoted statements against gays and Muslims would be a definite plus as far as the MAGA base is concerned...there's no down side to that in their estimation...it may make some mainstream conservatives, and log cabin Republicans a little queasy though. :sick:

CNN Reveals Senate Candidate Kathy Barnette Previously Ripped Gays and Compared Islam to Nazism

https://goodwordnews.com/rising-gop...-bigoted-statements-against-gays-and-muslims/

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7