This might be in bad taste.....but

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by E.L., Oct 31, 2008.

1. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

This might be in bad taste, but I just have to post it.

http://www.doitforstevebeattherays.com/

DoitforSteve!

2008 World Champion Philadelphia Phillies!!!!!

The Phillies Unofficial Rally Cry

[​IMG]
    One time!

It's crazy to think that this joke between a few friends, originally as a t-shirt idea for the phillies games, turned into the huge internet buzz and fan-craze that it is now! The photo was made, put on some different places on the web, and within a day spread like wildfireall over the place from radiostations, to peoples cell phones. Below you'll find just some of the ridiculous things that have spawned since then.
    2008 World Champions!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Back to the top

<HR width="95%">
    Steve's Fans

Right in the spotlight...

[​IMG] "I did see a marquee on a bar and grill on the way home from church on Sunday. It said, "Do it for Steve Irwin, beat the Rays." I thought that was kind of funny....I still think they need to do a Steve Irwin Night at the Trop, complete with impaled Steve dolls in Yankees uniforms. Crikey!"
    "...where thousands of fans held "tailgate" parties and turned the air blue with anti-Tampa chants. One fan wore a T-shirt bearing the image of the late Steve Irwin, with the slogan: "Do it for Steve - beat the Rays." (from an Australian Magazine)
    "And here’s one more from the department of “Stay Classy, Philadelphia”: A fan on the scoreboard just held up a sign with a picture of Steve Irwin, who was killed by a stingray in a freak accident in 2006, and a ray crossed out. The sign simply read: “Do it for Steve!”
    "The lone dementedly Philly-style banner: "Do it for Steve Irwin, beat the Rays."
    "So, seeing as they(phillies) will most likely win tonight, this will be fun. But that aside he showed me a picture today... It was steve irwin, and it said "Let's do it for steve, beat the rays." How ****ing funny is that? I mean, it isn't too soon and its appropriate."
    [​IMG]Back to the top

<HR width="95%">
    Critics

Haters...

"I thought this was a bad Steve Irwin joke." - get ****ed, we all know you giggled like a bitch.
    "Only a paper run by a bunch of liberals would find humor in Steve Irwin's death. Why don't you hacks show pictures of an aborted fetus or maybe some 9/11 victims and ask the Phillies to win it for them too?"
    - hope you get hit by a septa bus full of knives.
    [​IMG]Back to the top

Random Photos

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Latest Comments

2. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Questionable, but I actually like the stadium picture. :)

3. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Nah....this is in really bad taste...

Coppertone has decided to discontinue their "Crocodile Hunter" line of sunscreen... apparently it doesn't block enough harmful rays.

4. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

[lolol]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7