Tisas 1911 Duty

Discussion in 'Range reports' started by reloader762, Jul 1, 2022.

1. reloader762

reloader762 Boolit Master

Picked it up on Thursday of this week and will be taking it over to my buddies backyard range this morning and running some various factory jacketed loads and several cast lead loads I cast myself and see how it runs. Took it all apart when I got home and lube it up so it should be ready to go.
    0603220918a.

Lee 200 gr. SWC
    IMG_0001.JPG

NOE 452 220 gr. RNHP
    IMG_0003.JPG

2. duane

duane Monkey+++

Don't own one, but they get excellent reviews from the people who use them. Congratulations on the new "old" pistol.

3. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Hard to beat a 1911..... tried and true hardware.

4. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Looks like it's a shooter! We use the same molds for the .45 as well. Who's PC are you using?

Gator 45/70 and snake6264 like this.
  5. reloader762

The Blue is Carolina Blue from Smokes over on the Cast Boolit Forum and the Silver Vein is from Eastwood. It pretty much shoot where you aim it, if you miss it's not the guns fault, I'm very happy with the purchase. Excellent workmanship on all the parts with nice smooth lines and corners, great trigger and two MacGar mags with a hard case for $475 at my LGS.

Gator 45/70, techsar and Tully Mars like this.
  6. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

Can not beat a good 1911

Gator 45/70 and Tully Mars like this.
  7. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Have a 1911 nice shooter

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

I've reloaded about 2,000 rounds for my 45 my go to reloading guide is Lyman's 45th edition wondering what others who reload use?

9. reloader762

I mainly use all Lyman manuals for all my reloading, for cast lead loads I use the Lyman Cast Bullet manual #3 & #4.

johnbb likes this.
  10. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

I started with the Speer manual, and later added the Lee Modern Reloading manual.

11. Tully Mars

I have copies of all the major ones published. I use an older Speer for a lot of my loads. Honestly I get a lot of info from other shooters and a couple of sites on line that are trustworthy and use them as a starting point. A chronograph is a must have for anyone developing their own loads.

reloader762 likes this.
  12. reloader762

Speaking of a chronograph, I didn't use one for many years when I first started reloading but it's become a valiable tool. My reloading and shooting buddy is getting one of the Labredar chronos and we will be able to get a lot more data all the way out to 100 yds. on what the bullet is doing.

Tully Mars likes this.
  13. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

I’d like to hear more about your chronos, but hate to hijack the thread!

14. Tully Mars

Just stole your post and used it to start a new thread. Question away and hopefully you will get the answers you seek;)

CraftyMofo and BTPost like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7