Too many 22's?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Oddcaliber, Feb 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

While logging in my latest addition to the safe I noticed that the list was quite long. Over the years I somehow accumulated 9 22 rim fires! I'm thinking WTF! How did this happen. Currently I have 1 Rossi Youth, 1Marlin 81,1Glenfield 25,2 Glenfield 60's,1 Marlin 70 Papoose,2 Ruger Mk ll's and my latest 1 Hi Standard R-101. No wonder my safe is crowded! LOL. But don't worry, I've got some heavy hitters as well. So what's your rim fire round up?

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Two Pistols, and Three Rifles, all in .22 LR...

Ura-Ki and Oddcaliber like this.
  3. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

A 1022 , an old Stevens , and 1 other that I can't seem to recall at the moment , and to lazy to go look.

Gator 45/70, Ura-Ki and Oddcaliber like this.
  4. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

Four 10/22s, a couple of browning semiautos, a couple of mossberg semiautos, a couple of single shots, and a few pistols.

Great for training and turtle massacres.

5. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Remington speedmaster & target master, Marlin 60, Glenfield ?, Henry, Rossi .22/20 ga., Ruger MkII, Heritage, High Standard, Whitneyville....hmmm, they DO breed!

6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Four longs, one short. I need another short.

7. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Sears/Marlin 80 ,1022 , few pistols , looking for tube fed bolt action .

Sloth

8. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

10-22 that's it. Moved to a small mining town in Northern Nevada about 25 years ago. Started a new job and someone there immediately told me of 10-22s on sale at the local Rite-Aid drug store, $109. Couldn't resist. Ran down there right after work.
    Oh, and wouldn't mind having a .22 pistol again some day.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  9. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

That Rite-Aid drug store was amazing - had reloading powder, bullets primers, ammo, fishing lures, a few guns, a few poles, camo clothing. Oh yeah, and they could fill your prescriptions while you bought deodorant and shaving cream.

10. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Beans,bullets and band aids all at one convenient location!

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  11. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Lets see now! A Winchester Mod 52 U.S. Olympics' Team rifle, a Anschutz Mod 64, a Savage MK-II ( Savage license built Anschutz 5214) A Hammeralli Grand Master, A Bakil Target master, a Savage/Anschutz 512 convertible Semi Auto/Bolt action ( Very Rare) a Colt 1911 top end, a Kimber 1911 top end, a Pair of Ruger MK-II's and a new pair of Ruger MK-IV ( one each for the wife and I) A Colt Woodsman, and a 1943 Hi Standard HD with three barrels, and lastly, a CMMG .22 LongRifle conversion for the AR! SO that makes 15!!!

Gator 45/70, Oddcaliber and Sgt Nambu like this.
  12. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

same as ghrit

Oddcaliber and Ura-Ki like this.
  13. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

Two 10/22’s, one 100+ year old Savage Visable Loading, two handguns and my dad’s old 1949 Mossberg
    M-146B!
    A7B87ED3-613E-4723-964F-9676197BA6AA.

14. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I so have to have one of those Mossberg 146-B's Those are SCHWEET, and will shoot better then a lot of folks can! Plus they are so darn Kool!:D

Gator 45/70 and Oddcaliber like this.
  15. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Ruger 10/22 and a rare Browning A-Bolt 22 here as well as an M&P 22. That A-Bolt will be the last firearm to go if I ever have to part with the rest. It's so damn accurate I always have to move the cross hairs to see the bullet hole - it makes me a better shot than I really am.

Gator 45/70, Oddcaliber and Ura-Ki like this.
  16. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Y'all are just getting started. At last count, I had some 32 rimfire rifles, including two in .22WMR and one in .17HMR.
    I began collecting decades ago, when a good twentytwo rifle was cheap at the local gunshow. Been awhile since I've bought one, as prices really climbed later.
    Mine run the gamut from cheap singleshot "boy's rifles" through the usual commercial brands on up to a few heavy barreled target rifles.

17. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

You need to free up some room, Send me the Mark II's for safe keeping!

Ura-Ki, Oddcaliber and VisuTrac like this.
  18. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

A 10-22,m6 .22-410,side by side ,22-410,sw k model .22, ruger mark 111,Walter p22,hr .22, I think that’s all.
    Edit- smith Wesson model 317 I forgot about.
    Edit- just bought a Stoeger .22 rolling block

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    Ura-Ki likes this.
  19. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I got a Ruger 7722 and a WInchester model 63, there is a .22 conversion kit in one of my m16s. I buy or trade for others once in a while but they won't stay around long with grand kids, nieces and nephews that need to learn to shoot so those three are the ones that stay with me. Ammo is another story though, I got several .50 cans full of loose rds. I have several .22 pistols, Colt Woodsman being my favorite followed closley by my Diamondback. Got a dedicated 1911 on a .22, a Llama .22 miniture 1911, a High Standard Trophy and HD military, a Colt vest pocket in .22 short, NAA in .22 mag, and a few others for the kids to play with.

Ura-Ki, Oddcaliber and oldman11 like this.
  20. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

2 pistols, 4 rifles.

Oddcaliber likes this.
  1. AgentPickle
  2. AgentPickle
  3. AgentPickle
  4. AgentPickle
  5. AgentPickle
  6. natshare
  7. HK_User
  8. 3M-TA3