1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Topic of the Month May 2015- Revisting Step One

Discussion in 'Survival Topic of the Month' started by Motomom34, May 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Motomom34

Motomom34 Moderator Moderator Site Supporter++

Some of my fellow Monkeys helped develop TOTM May. When reading their suggestions, it became clear that each suggestion was connected to the other. Preppers learn from each other, build off of each others plans, knowledge, ideas and failures. This is why Survival Monkey is so important. If you prep with tunnel vision and do not revisit step one occasionally, TEOTWAWKI probably won't go well.

Step One: Choosing what to prep for and all it entails

- What are you prepping for- i.e. geographic location, economics (micro or macro), biologic (everything from bird flu to Ebola), civil unrest (Ferguson & Baltimore). Have you picked the most likely scenario or three and prepped accordingly?

- Where we really are at and working out the bugs plus what we need to do to improve.

- Think of "missteps I have taken" ...they were mistakes but they were lessons (albeit sometimes expensive ones). i.e. Things I Have Done (and shall not do again) the wrong way may work out just fine, but when it did fail how spectacular was it?

- How fast things can get complicated and deteriorate? Not just infrastructure, i.e. roads, bridges, power grid but also sewage, no trash pickup and running water. At what point will you declare S has HTF? Have these thoughts changed since you started?

The points above should be discussed, shared and revisited. Each point above was in our thinking and doing during step one: think then, think now.

Make thread & discuss- please
    Last edited: May 1, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary