TOTM March 2023

Discussion in 'Survival Topic of the Month' started by Dunerunner, Mar 2, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

How divided is the country. Division by ethics, belief, philosophy, values, politics, social issues, etc. and how can we once again become a United States of America instead of the Divided?

Hanzo, Mnrees, mechstdr and 3 others like this.
  2. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I better leave this topic alone . With the state our leadership is in ,, with everything they are puposely doing to bring the downfall of our nation ,,,,, I could be labeled a domestic terrorist or one of them anti guv white supremecist if I say what I really feel .
    Someone needs to say it ,, but the obammy , bedumb administration is likely to hunt us down and imprison us for a few years while they work up some charges .

ForumMonkey, Hanzo, RJFab and 5 others like this.
  3. Dunerunner

I really believe that with the right leadership this country could unite and become even more of a symbol for freedom on the world.

Too many have surrendered to the lie that they have no future. They are resolved that there is no way to succeed in life, that they are better off in prison or dead. No wonder there are so many turning to crime, drugs, and lawless behavior. They think that they might as well get what they can now because the climate is going to kill everybody in in less than 10 years or the Chinese are going to nuke us and they will die in the war. Hopelessness is the biggest danger to our republic in my perspective.

i see the biggest challenge for our leaders is to restore hope to the American people.

Hanzo, mechstdr, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  4. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

ISn't a leadership problem as much as a lying, RED mass media.

ForumMonkey, Hanzo, mechstdr and 3 others like this.
  5. Dunerunner

Definitely a contributing factor and responsible for inciting much unrest in the country.

Hanzo, mechstdr, SB21 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Gonna have to break a few eggs to make this cake!
    Sadly, I feel were doomed to fall as all the others have before us, but maybe we will be able to apply history BEFORE that happens!

First, we need to take back control of the political system, that means we fire the whole lot of them and start fresh with a set of new hard and fast rules governing what they can and cannot do, as well as the method in which they serve and we enforce term limits!
    Second, we hold both the Fed and State's governments feet to the fire, no more of this wishy-washy patchwork of this state does this, and that state does that, and the feds have no balls to enforce fed laws! We go back to a very limited Fed Governance with STATES in alignment with each other in how they administer things, with each state having co-equal representation regardless of population, that means California is EQUAL to Alaska or Main, or North Dakota, no more of this Super Majority rule where the larger, more powerful states get to decide things! We go back to in person voting with valid proof of citizenship and current residency in that state, no more of this electronic or mail in voting bullshit! We lock down our borders and enforce immigration, however, we also expedite the lawful process for becoming a citizen for those who wish it, but we maintain the requirements that govern that. We round up all the illegals and ship them back across the border, that's Mexico's problem not ours, and anchor babies get the boot with mommy and daddy, no more bullshit of born here, stay here! We hold Mexico's feet to the fire, they ether fix things internally to our complete satisfaction, it we cross the border and clean house for them, and we send them the bill!
    We shut down ALL business with China, no more of this bullshit from them, they wanna do business and sell their shit here, they get to play by our rules whether they like them or not, and they don't get to steal our shit and then sell it back to us, or to the rest of the world!
    We need to destroy Communism, including Russia's Vlad and Chinas Xi, and prevent another from taking their place, North Korea needs to be beaten to a pulp and re-united with the south under southern rule, and we can finally pull out and let them be! Iran needs to be beaten into the dirt and kicked and pissed on until there is no more of their brand of insanity!
    The false religion of Islam needs to be destroyed once and for all, were talkin biblical level destruction, scorched earth, no more goat fuckers, burn in Hell kinda destruction! The whole middle east needs to be broken down, beaten to a pulp and re made like the rest of the world, NO MORE OIL monopoly and all that comes with it!
    China and Russia need to be forced out of Africa and kept out at all costs, the rest of Africa needs to be cleaned out, no more failed states, no more pirates, or petty jumped up kings and poachers, no more beggars, and monkey fuckers.
    I got lots more, but this is the big ticket stuff!

ForumMonkey, Hanzo, RJFab and 6 others like this.
  7. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

The democrats have gone so far left with their no police , gender BS , equity crap ,, that I don't see this country coming together the way we did in WW11 or 9/11 .
    But ,, we can hope , pray and try ,, but I believe we'd have better luck pissin' up a rope .
    And I'll go along with what UraKi says as well.
    I've not completely given up on our country ,, but I very little faith in her people coming back together and reforming that " One Nation under God " again .
    And ,, I do commend you DR for your faith and hope for our country and it's people ,, but I don't think there is anyone out there that can pull this country's people together ,, the political parties can't even pull together . They are so far apart ,, they'll never agree on anything ,, and until the media is revamped,, they'll keep spreading lies , propaganda and division amongst the peasants .

And the most important thing is ,, justice ,, justice for the traitors of our Constitution and BoR 's .
    ASAP .

8. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

IMO the country is divided on so many levels it can never be reunited again. After 9/11 the country came together but it was short lived, it wasn't long before the unity dissolved into ------
    1. patriots verses those who hate the country
    2. racial -black verses white
    3. poor verses rich
    4. corporations verse the masses
    5. promotion of diversity --no-longer the melting pot
    6. political --conservatives verses liberal radical leftist
    7. urbane verses rural
    8. religious verse atheists
    9. pro second amendment verse rabid anti second amendment
    10. pro first amendment verse promotors of controlled speech
    11. Climate change supports verses non supporters
    12. open border advocates verses follow the law closed borders
    13. equal justice for all verses multi level justice
    13. special treatment based on race verse equal treatment for all.

These are just some of the things off the top of my head. There was a time when kids were taught love over country we were all Americans but that has not been the case for 50 years.

Hanzo, Dunerunner, SB21 and 3 others like this.
  9. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey+++

Too much corruption. We have been sold out, and lied to for decades. I don't see it ever getting back to what it once was. Both sides separating and going their own way is better then a civil war. But I doubt those in power are that smart.

Hanzo, johnbb, Dunerunner and 3 others like this.
  10. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Humans have been segregated since we were living in caves.
    and we've been fighting to keep what we have for ourselves.
    Animals do it too. It's the rarity that allowed to change affiliation and not be killed.

It's actually not being segregated that is the anomaly.

But being segregated makes it easier to make them fight and then corral them in before they know they were duped.

11. Dunerunner

How about this guy??? [sarc2]

ALL RIGHT YOU DUMB ASSED HUMANS!!
    [​IMG]
    GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER

Hanzo, SB21 and Seawolf1090 like this.
  12. Dunerunner

So, I'm thinking that other than alien intervention we need to engage in conversation. The social networks are nothing but a conglomeration of meme wars and trolling gotcha posts without engagement or a presentation of ideas with facts to support them. Granted it is difficult and at times impossible to confront wrong ideas as it more often as not becomes an emotion loaded argument. Perhaps we need a guide to follow when confronting this type of situation.

I am reminded of the thread by Righthand The Mannerly Art of Disagreement

Hanzo, BTPost, CraftyMofo and 2 others like this.
  13. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Listen to news on the radio the way I do and see if you don't agree.

I see it as a division between happy and bitter. Bitter people can't understand how anyone, even those who have nothing, can be happy. In their mind a happy person must be hiding something.
    Must've stolen the happiness from another. Doesn't deserve to be happy.

This happiness must be squashed, divided, regulated and outlawed. Language twisted and happy words never spoken aloud again. They see happiness as a disease in need of a cure... a mandatory cure. And if the happy don't comply there will be violence.

Are you following along so far?

How can we change things? Very slowly, with patience and understanding. It's starting to sink in. School boards are being taken over by happy parents, Walmart is moving out of bitter cities, bitter companies are losing sales and bitter politicians are losing elections. And all these things make the happy happier, because the bitter are losing their grasp.

The funny thing to me is that bitter people can become happy, but truly happy people never get bitter. That's why we'll win.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2023
  14. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Hanzo, techsar and Dunerunner like this.
  15. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

I think that one simple fix is elimination of winner take all by state in the electoral college. If each vote that was won is cast by representative district, and then the overall winner gets the 2 senate seat votes, there would be a big change int he way the system works. Those of us who live in conservative districts in liberal states have our votes stolen and representation stolen by the current system. No longer would fly over country be ignored and California would lose its power.

Hanzo, techsar and Dunerunner like this.
  16. Dunerunner

If I read you correctly, you're saying that if rural areas were given electoral votes it would end the disenfranchisement of the rural vote. Currently that is the reason many States have Democratic legislatures and Democratic governors. The large population cities control the vote.

Hanzo and techsar like this.
  17. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

All of these are the left platform... amplified by media. Make a crisis, stay in power.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2023
    ForumMonkey and CraftyMofo like this.
  18. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Dunerunner likes this.
  19. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

I think that the left is more organized than the right with how they get their message out, especially amplified by media. Then too many people take the easy way out and drink the Kool Aid. Critical thinking is harder "work" and all but destroyed in the institutions of "learning."

These old songs hit home for me. I worry for my children.

3M-TA3, oldawg and Dunerunner like this.
  20. It feels like logging online makes things look so bleak. That’s the “reality” of our current media situation. However, out in the “real world”, I still see people holding doors open for people, saying good morning to strangers. Disagreements are still commonplace, but there hasn’t been a time in history where every man has agreed on everything. I see a lot of reason to be encouraged by the actions of my neighbors. As for uniting a nation further, it seems to me that most change starts in the home. If you’re doing the most for yourself and your family, and showing them what love looks like, it has a way of inspiring people to do the same with their families. As a consequence, communities start to shape up, and hope for better from themselves and from the world. Since action follows desire, nation and the world improves as a result

Seawolf1090 and Dunerunner like this.
  1. Dunerunner
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Dunerunner
  4. DKR
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Dunerunner
  8. Dunerunner
  9. Motomom34
  10. Motomom34
  11. Motomom34