Tough wife splinter removal

Discussion in 'Blades' started by Hanzo, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

So wifee comes into my office to talk to me and realizes she has a splinter in her hand. So she reaches behind me to grab a knife to remove it. But she is not THAT tough, she grabbed the smallest knife...

But she is no dummy, right tool. And she married hanzo.

Hokyjoe, oldawg, Gator 45/70 and 4 others like this.
  2. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

One of her EDC's is a Kabar. That's pretty badass, I think.

oldawg, Gator 45/70, SB21 and 3 others like this.
  3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Glad she didn't grab the Bowie!
    Admittidally, it's a bit over kill, but hey, who am I to judge! Lol
    Mine cam kill and dress any game, but still screams when she sees a Spider! Go figure!

oldawg, Gator 45/70, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  4. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Slivers are the worst. Sometimes I’ll carve myself up badly but in the end I always win. Good job Lady Hanzo I say.

5. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

I always use a needle

STGThndr, Gator 45/70, Hanzo and 2 others like this.
  6. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Needles are for sissies, @snake6264!

Joking. We usually use a needle. Wife said you have a needle? I said they are upstairs. So she grabbed one of my knives...

Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

Haha you said sissie !!!
    Wel it always work for me but yes no needle dig it out

Ura-Ki, Hanzo and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

When I was young, I ate it on my bike into a pile of rocks and gravel. Was going about 30mph and turned around to look back and did not see the grate. Went from 30 to zero almost instantly. Thankfully, I did the proper twisty fall.

They cleaned me up in the ER, but missed a piece of gravel embedded in my cheek. So when the skin grew over, I could feel pain and pressure. So what is a young hanzo to do? Bust out the trusty ever present Swiss army knife. Small incision, remove irritant gravel, and clean up. I cleaned up first too. Wasn't very big at about 3/16", but it was annoying.

Hopefully, the monkeys got both parents' tough genes. I think they did.

When the oldest was about kindergarten or first grade age, she saw some bullies picking on a kid. She jumped right into the fray and not only extricated the poor kid being bullied, but chased the bullies off. When my youngest was about the same age, we were at a park for the kids to play. Then I see two bigger boys, both at least a foot taller than her grabbing her. One on each arm. In the time it took me to stand up, monkey snapped a kick at one boy's groin and broke free of his hold. Then she turned and snapped another kick at the other boy's face and broke free. Then she giggled and ran off. She had good control too. She did not connect on her kicks but used them to make space to break their holds. I sat my butt right back down and leaned over to wifee and whispered, "That's my girl!"

She did almost break her buddy's arm showing off a move I taught her. Twice. I always tell her to be gentle if it is not for real.

Gator 45/70, Ura-Ki and oldawg like this.
  9. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I ate it on my Duel Sport being stupid, went into a bunch of Devils Club( look it up, nasty shit) and got a bunch of stickers, thought I got the all pulled using my trusty Leatherman, nope! Missed one in my arm just below the elbow! Few days later my whole arm turned bright red and was swollen and I looked in the mirror and saw a big nasty lump, out comes the scalpel and I opened it up, puss everywhere, and carved that 1" sucker out! Took me a good hour to clean it all and stitch self up! Wife comes home from a shift working the E.R. and looks me over and tells me I should have gone in and gotten it treated! Spent several days fighting the infection, but got it under control! Bet your arse I'm a lot more careful now! That Devil's Club is a nightmare, if you even look at it, your going to get stuck!

Hanzo and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

DuctTape is really good at removing Devils Club stickers... Only problem is it does hair, even better...

Hanzo, Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  11. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

HAHA! Yup!

Hanzo and Gator 45/70 like this.
  12. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I never ate it,But if an ol'gal wants to feed it to me then I'm okay with that........Ops wrong thread sorry !

Hanzo likes this.
  13. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Years ago when I was invincible (1965-70) I had just had wheelie-d a bicycle any time i want , ride a unicycle up or down hill , bicycle only if the pedals didn't free wheel ,I could go downhill .
    So I had a few motorbikes also street and motocross / off road . They had just done a lower layer ash-fault with out rolling it smooth , this was up Cypress Bowl MT in W-YVR..(summer before it opened for skiing and new road)
    Many of us could pop up the front wheel and ride up on the rear from the base to the top No problem , as a Smart dick , I could do it going down hill also , so now the bike is back way over to be balanced..
    After a long distance going downhill in a wheelie , I screw up and I can't get my foot to hit the rear brake because the bike is way back . Im going down at 50 + mph...
    That road ripped my leathers and back ,butt,shoulder blades under side of my lower arms and elbows , calfs of my legs ..Leathers were white , blue and red.
    So now Im a bloody mess from behind . (rolling breaks bones , sliding with racing leathers is better on smooth tracks, this one was not smoothed , just first base coat).

I was a mess , and noway could I get back to the base Via trails ,,Road it is to the hospital , with a loud off road Motocross bike. You know not one cop on route there..
    These MX bikes have no kickstands , so I lay it up against the walkway fence , shut fuel jamb a handlebar grip in the fence , and roll off bike. seat is red with blood from road rash , so is back , arms legs . Security guard comes out and is yelling at me that I can't park the bike there !! ,
    I turn around and say it will be moved later by friends who will pick it up with a trailer .
    As I turn around after showing the guard my backside , I see him going down, I just barely make it to him so he didn't smack his head. I leave him there and walk into Emergency ..
    Thats when the Fun and panic starts ,, I look like all red from behind , ,then need to cut off my leathers , i can bend well to remove them and there toast.
    I can hear gasps and "OH-MY WORD"" stuff . I must of wore most of my butt off on the rough laid road. Anyways im laying on my stomach for hours it seemed , while young nurses are pulling out bits of tarmac from my calfs all the way up !! and Im nakid
    Never kissed a girl !! YET !!
    I made up for that , and still am !!
    Sloth
    I don't tan on any skin grafts , look spotty in summer from behind .

Hanzo and Ura-Ki like this.
  14. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

STGThndr, JLRhiner, Hanzo and 2 others like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7