Travel hammock with stand

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by A Cricket, Oct 14, 2020.

Tags:
  1. A Cricket

A Cricket Monkey

Good morning all! I'm a little new to all of this, but one thing my husband and I are looking into first is a good hammock. We're looking for something that comes with a stand (no trees in our yard) but that also packs and travels well that we can take with us as we start camping more. Reviews on amazon have been less than helpful, does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks so much in advance!

3M-TA3 and HK_User like this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Welcome to our Monkey Tree...

SB21 likes this.
  3. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Welcome to the Tree.

Since nature hardly ever puts nice trees exactly where we need them for hammocks I think this might be helpful.

crowdaddy and snake6264 like this.
  4. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

I hunt out of a hammock it works very good

SB21 and hot diggity like this.
  5. hot diggity

I hunt crows from a blind, geese from a boat and squirrels from a lawn chair. I fall asleep in all of them... that's why I don't hunt from a tree stand. You'll have to tell us more about how and what you hunt from a hammock.

SB21 and Bishop like this.
  6. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

If you don't have trees

think SoCal or SoAz, some parts are pretty nakid...

Dunerunner, chelloveck and SB21 like this.
  7. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

I have a camo hammock I made out if some camo parachute fabric I put it up in a area that I think there's going to be game I set up where nothing can come in on my right sidea any thing that come in on the the left don't stand a chance the side if the hammock work like a support also and a blind also very comfortable.

8. hot diggity

Brilliant! I have to look into this.

9. DKR

Got a USGI camo poncho?

You've got a hammock as well.

and

10. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Welcome to the monkey @A Cricket we have hammocks in our home but nothing with a light pack-able stand. If you scroll below, all the threads about hammocks are listed. Not sure if there is anything that will help but hammocks are a must IMO. I google portable hammock stands and didn't find much. The Lightest & Most Portable Hammock Stand by YOBO hammocks

Dunerunner and Ganado like this.
  11. DKR

You want to hunt rats int he junkyard, there is the walmart blue tarp hammock

Dunerunner and chelloveck like this.
  12. A Cricket

A Cricket Monkey

Thanks for the insights everyone, this has been helpful! We're still exploring our options but I appreciate all of your input!

chelloveck likes this.
  13. npe1pas

npe1pas Monkey+++

Dunerunner likes this.
  14. hot diggity

I like it. I had a 0311 Sergeant in my NCO school class that had set up his hammock, covered himself up and fell asleep so fast we thought he'd gone missing. He was inches off the ground, just inside the parapet of our pre-dug (looked like WW! trench system, but with good drainage) defensive position. I walked right past him several times before I saw his poncho liner move. He had lots of tricks to teach us.

1. Motomom34
  2. H.I.S Survival
  3. Bishop
  4. Seacowboys
  5. Jeff Brackett
  6. Castiel
  7. Dubs Chops
  8. Dubs Chops
  9. Brokor
  10. Capt.Reynolds
  11. Tango3
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary