1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Trijicon ACOG 4x32, ARMY Rifle Combat Optic for the M150 w/ TA51 Mount

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by stg58, Nov 15, 2013.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

A guy at the range had one of these on his Colt AR and let me pop a couple of my loaded mags in and try it out. I really like it, rapid to acquire targets and dead on with the rounds down range impressive. A bit pricey at $1,600 list but it seems that you can pick them up for around $1,100.

Might use my company bonus on one next January..

TA31RCO-M150CP ACOG - Trijicon, Inc.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
    natshare likes this.
  2. natshare

natshare Monkey+

The soldiers and Marines in sh*tcanistan seem to like them, too. Unfortunately, like yourself, my funds are limited, and the idea of a $1000+ optic is not an option.
    I do, however, have an EOTech holographic sight on my rifle, and those are good out to a couple hundred yards, without a magnifier. Add a decent magnifier on, with a flip or slide to side mounting (so you can get it out of the way for closer shots), and you're good to go.
  3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

The main attraction to acquire an ACOG is the fact that they do not use batteries, versus the red dot and holographics, which do require batteries. An ACOG can be used in low light conditions, and newer models may offer some additional capabilities. Of course, an Aimpoint, especially the latest ones can run for thousands of hours. Also, a downside to the ACOG is no night vision compatibility, whereas the red dot sights can be utilized in conjunction with night vision. A way around this (for military) is to use IR lasers, which are illegal to own for civilians --at least the high quality military ones.

It all comes down to personal philosophy and intention of use. The ACOG is an excellent sight, and I have used them with comfort in knowing they are dependable and accurate. Today, in civilian life I use an Aimpoint, but that's because of my own philosophy of use and intent.
    natshare, HK_User and stg58 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary