Trump,Hate him or love him tell me what you think of the President.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Big Ron, Nov 8, 2017.

1. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

"Discussing' politics over the web is fraught with landmines. The same can be said for hot button issues like religion, abortion and a host of other 'single issue' topics.

SO, to begin I like to review an old song to ensure I can keep my head straight and focused on topic/ The song? "For What It's Worth"

Most specifically the lines
    There's battle lines being drawn
    Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
    and
    A thousand people in the street
    Singing songs and carrying signs
    Mostly say, hooray for our side.

So, to that end - I'm often asked why I would vote for Trump.
    My initial answer is simple - Trump isn't a lawyer and/or a career politician. We are in the mess we see today largely because of "lawyers & career politicians" . The mass media does deserve a good share of the 'credit' as well.

That said, I knew Trump would be a real gamble as he didn't have a 'machine' backing him - the GOP was so busy trying to cut his throat that he managed to beat them at nearly every turn. You can decide if this was due to genius, good luck or a few good staffers in his corner.

His first, and likely most glaring fault in my eyes is the utter failure to have a stable of 'his people' ready to fill the Plum List on Day One. (Plum Book) To be fair, that list is about 8,000 appointed positions. He should have had a list for at least the top 1,000. BTW - this is where "The Swamp" lives and plays - and attacks, using your money to boot.

The second most egregious shortfall - not having a solid legal team present and ready to vet - and I mean deep dive on every aspect of their lives - for any and all Cabinet picks. A list of whom he should have had in his pocket Day One. He would have done well to call McConnell et al into his office and explain the facts of life for his (DT) short of list of must haves if they (all of the GOPe) would wish to avoid a Veto on their pet pork.

I would agree that his incessant Tweeting makes him seem, at best, petty and at worst - ignorant. Does not mean that he is - just that he looks that way.

While many will argue that almost anyone would have been better - I would - and will take the opposing side.

Any of the other candidates, from either side, would have sealed the fate of this Nation. Trump is at least bright enough to see the light - sadly, he lacks the team - in CONgress - to make a real difference.

I have the comfort of history - both recent (Obama) and from times past (James Buchanan, the man who oversaw the start of the Civil War/War of Northern Aggression) (Andrew Jackson, oversaw the start of 'the most' massive recession until the 1930s) (and of course, Warren G Harding who stupidly surrounded himself with one of the most corrupt administrations in the Nation's history) - to give some perspective on current events.

I first noticed politicians when everyone was asked to "Like Ike", I sweated out near total global thermonuclear war under JFK - not once, but twice. I survival LBJ - barely and watched the Press destroy Nixon. From then until Obammy got into office, I merely had to dodge, duck and weave. Obama - like Little Jimmy Carter - had me scared to death that their policy decisions would be the causation of the collapse of the dollar.

Now, I'm old enough and settled enough to have the luxury of merely agonizing over what kind of mess we have left to our children and grandchildren.... because, make no mistake, it is a mess.

And it didn't have to be--

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    tacmotusn, squiddley and 3M-TA3 like this.
  2. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Spelling errors do not bother me much. Neither, does your short vicious attacks on those you disagree with.
    Calling @BTPost an idiot for spelling errors does piss me off.
    I guess you are the freaking Survival Monkey Spelling Nazi. I don't like Spelling Nazis either.
    As for worse Presidents ever, your opinion is your right, and from the majority of posts on this thread, mostly yours alone.
    Many opinions are like farts from asshole, they stink.
    Trump hasn't been a conventional President, That is true. I voted for him as a non-establishment wildcard.
    What he has accomplished with almost no support from either Major Political Party establishment, has been nothing less than amazing.
    WORST PRESIDENT EVER? I just don't see it except in those drinking the Democrat Koolaid with Trump Derangement Syndrome.
    INHM Worst President ever FDR, next Obama, next Lincoln, next Carter. I have explanations for why on all 4.
    The fact that you hate Trump this bad after 2.5 years of accomplishments most everyone said could NEVER be accomplished shows how blind you are. I pity you Sir.

3. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

@tacmotusn @stg58
    Starting a flame war on a two year old thread? Come ON, now.

Yard Dart likes this.
  4. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

I bet it was mee who mispeled stuff. Funny I read above college level and can't spell worth a shit. I use grammarly and spell check also. Maybe the people working there are as dumb as I am. The debt, not Trump will be our countries downfall. Among many things anyhow.

tacmotusn likes this.
  5. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

I also read really well for someone with a eighth grade education. President Trump has done a very good job
    with what he had to work with. President Trump is one of the best if not the very best President we have ever had,bar none.
    TrumpMakingAmericaGreatAgain
    [flag]Go Trump. [flag]

6. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

I'm still not sure Trump wasn't one of the people behind the curtain all this time.

If he's a legit patriot, I sure he's what we needed.

He's certainly interesting.

Gator 45/70 and tacmotusn like this.
  7. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Ju foole, i wuz prettie speesific hoo wuz gettin chit fer tiepos n misspelins. itt weernt ju.

Gator 45/70 and oldawg like this.
  8. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

I don't care if a post responder needs to draw f___ing stick figures to get his/her message across >>> they are entitled as much as anyone else - I like to think I'm a few stages above the leftist elitists that discount "Deplorables" because they aren't Coasters or have a PHD "Dr." title ....

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7