Trying to Help a Friend

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seacowboys, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Three weeks ago, a friend dove into the shallow end of a pool and broke his neck. Jordan was 28 years old and yes, it was one of those "hold my beer and watch this" moments, I'm pretty sure. He drowned. His mother and step-father are dear friends of mine. I have been performing at their restaurant weekly for the past several months on Sunday evenings with my duo, Robbin' Crooks. Jordan's girlfriend thought he was joking, lying on the bottom for nearly three minutes before she jumped into the pool and brought him to the surface. A nurse that lived in their apartment complex, heard her screaming for help and they were able to remove him from the water, perform CPR and rescue breathing and call an ambulance. He had shattered two vertebrae in his neck and is paralyzed from from just below his shoulders. He has some minor movement of one arm but can't even scratch his face. The prognosis is not good, doctors saying he'll probably never walk again, however yesterday. much to everyone's delight, Jordan was able to move his left great toe. This seems like such a small event but is demonstrates that there is at least some communication between his brain and lower extremities and it gives hope. Hope is a miracle unto itself.
    Robbin Crooks is hosting a fund raising benefit on October 21rst at Yinzer's Brew and Grill in Daphne, Alabama to help with the tremendous medical costs. We have some of the Gulf Coast's finest performers that have volunteered their time to play, a huge Bake sale organized by the local Woman's Auxillary, a Poker Run organized by the local Bike Clubs, Silent Auctions, Raffles and a GOFUNDME account asking for donations to help out.
    I could certainly use all the help I can get with this project with donations and if there are any of you that would be willing to share our gofundme site, please send me your email address and I'll add you to our team and prayers. God Bless.
    Click here to support Help Jordan Boles Walk Again organized by Darrell Wallace

GrayGhost, Motomom34, Zimmy and 4 others like this.
  2. Seacowboys

387_1538694943542. 387_1538694943542. 383_1538694954224 (2).

3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Prayers on the way for Jordan, his friends and family..

4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Prayers for the family
    I have a cousin that did pretty much the same thing 40 years ago, He's still hanging in there, Still in a wheelchair

5. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

What a tragic story. Praying for this young man.

You wrote on the GoFundMe page: The hospital has already threatened eviction, due to his inability to pay. I wonder what happened to their Hippocratic Oath?

snake6264, Zimmy, sec_monkey and 3 others like this.
  6. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Knee Mail Sent!
    Hang in there Jordan!

Motomom34, Zimmy and sec_monkey like this.
  7. Tevin

Tevin Monkey+++

By a crazy coincidence I will be in Pensacola, Florida on October 21 visiting a friend for a long weekend. And Daphne isn't that far from there. So I'll try to make it to your show.

I LOVE the Gulf region...Pensacola/Biloxi/Mobile/NOLA, etc and visit often. I'm seriously thinking of retiring down there. GREAT place, great people.

All my best to your friend.

8. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Praying for Jordan and his family!

Motomom34, Ura-Ki, Zimmy and 2 others like this.
  9. Re: M.M.'s post #5. Hippocratic oath is for doctors. Don't think bean counters have one.

10. Seacowboys

Tevin, be sure to introduce yourself! I'll be the long haired cowboy with a guiytar next to the pretty blond.

Motomom34, Ura-Ki, Zimmy and 2 others like this.
  11. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

Prayers outbound

Gator 45/70, Motomom34 and Ura-Ki like this.
  12. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Please keep us updated on his condition!

Gator 45/70 and Motomom34 like this.
  13. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Prayers for Jordan!!!

14. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Sending good Mojo....

15. Seacowboys

I went to the Sacred Heart Hospital on Tuesday to visit with Jordan. He is able to move one toe so there is some communication between his brain and lower extremities. He has some movement in both arms and can now scratch his face with one of them. His color looked a lot better and I believe some of the anger at his misfortune is beginning to turn towards determination. We had a long conversation and where I first saw just dismal frustration, anger, and self-loathing, I think he is beginning to recognize the challenges ahead of him, possibly for the rest of his entire life and is preparing himself to deal with them. The prayers are appreciated. Good bless you good people.

16. Seacowboys

JordanBolesBenefit.

Motomom34 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  17. Seacowboys

Motomom34 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  18. 3cyl

3cyl Monkey+++

Thats the risk you take when you self insure.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  19. Seacowboys

LOL, the owner of the Mac and Peace Record Bar, one of our sponsors, was not nearly as amused at the typo on our posters as I was. Spell checker strikes again! Mac and cheese...LOL sorry Mary,

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7