TSA checkpoints comingto tenn. highways

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Tango3, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

[ex]

TSA Checkpoints Now On TN Highways

Orlinda-.

The Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security on Tuesday partnered with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and several other federal and state agencies for a safety enforcement and awareness operation on Tennessee’s interstates and two metropolitan-area bus stations. They are randomly inspecting vehicles on highways in Tennessee.
    The random inspections really aren’t any more thorough normal, according to Tennessee Highway Patrol Colonel Tracy Trott who says paying attention to details can make a difference.
    “People generally associate the TSA with airport security…but now we have moved on to other forms of transportation, such as highways, buses and railways,” said Kevin McCarthy, TSA federal security director for West Tennessee.
    To increase national security, the TSA created Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response, known as VIPR, teams, which consist of federal air marshals, surface transportation security inspectors, transportation security officers, behavior detention officers and explosive detection canine teams.
    [/ex]

TSA Checkpoints Now On TN Highways | Tennessee News Press | Tennessee News Directory | TN Headlines

Friendly neighborhood "VIPR teams" again...

Personally I choose "Freedom" over "security."

2. Pyrrhus

Pyrrhus Monkey+++

That's just freaking great.

Falcon15 and Mountainman like this.
  3. beast

beast backwoodsman

and to think, i once considered TEN a good place to go

Falcon15 and VisuTrac like this.
  4. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

well, this is nice to find out. Thanks for posting the article, I've forwarded the info on to a TN gun owners forum.

Falcon15 likes this.
  5. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

Think maybe a practice for the when WSHTF for them plus to get the sheeple use to seeing the Fed's rolling around local. I also notice the militery uniform's in the group.

Falcon15 likes this.
  6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

VIPR teams? Has a nice, friendly ring to it, no?

The whole scheme has red flags planted all over it, and stinks to boot. I can see some traffic backups in the Vol State future.

TSA has to be funding it, Tenn wouldn't go that far if it weren't motivated by money, would it? Or has Director Kevin McCarthy simply given Col. Tracy Trott his marching orders.

ColtCarbine and Falcon15 like this.
  7. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Someone please explain to me how they can search my POV without a warrant or Probable Cause?

gunbartender and Falcon15 like this.
  8. Avarice

Avarice California Health Junkie

This is probably just their pilot. They'll see how they respond there, then they'll expand. I hope we as a nation can tell them no, and they'll give up and try something else.

9. Avarice

Avarice California Health Junkie

I looked on a couple of those news sites, no where on the front page is this even mentioned. Corporate news! Give the Feds long enough to set up before people hear about what's going on.

10. Alpha Dog

They can't during a normal road check unless they find something to lead them to that point. But here a couple of year back and I think it was under Odumba$$ when he first came in to office that give's homeland security, TSA, FEMA in certain time's to conduct warrantless searches in order to keep American citie's safe from terrorist plot's and attacks. Shortly there after you started hearing the term domestic terrorism and national security being used alot by goverment agencies. Well that open the door to include US citizen under a blanket with these typ of searches That's why any little thing they can possibly pass off as a threat to the US that happens here they post it on every news channle they can find. This puts the sheeple to rest that Big Brother was right and they are taking care of them. Also the then officer asigned to these operation are protected under a blanket of amnisty and can not be sued. You all know half the stuff they are turning in a crimes against the US has been going on for years and now the Feds are just getting to look in to it I call B/S on that. Half the crime's they are claiming they don't even have jurisdiction over. They local PD, Deputies or trooper's shold be investigating and charging people for, and they aren't acts of terrorism they are $h!t heads being $h!t heads. If $h!t heads are domestic terrorist they should go to the white house and congress and make some arrest's. They are the only threat to National security I see.

Falcon15, dragonfly and STANGF150 like this.
  11. Nutpantz

Nutpantz Monkey+

Papers comrade? Where will you be going comrade? Do you have permission comrade?
    All in the name of security.....

12. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

So where the "H" were these goose-stepping geeks when Teleprompter One was hijacked and stolen....? [stirpot]

Sapper John, dragonfly and BTPost like this.
  13. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Just getting the populous ready to see this as NORMAL.

This my friends is a slippery slope into the abyss.

In my opinion it is nearly the point of no return.
    Free individuals are signing on to this madness?

I like Beast use to think that TN was a good choice. Well, I don't think so.

Nice thing is looks like I can still sneak in to see my buddy via the back roads SE of Nashville.

If i have to pee in a bottle I will, before stopping at one of their 'Papers Please' rest areas.

Damn Fascists are everywhere.

The only smart ones in the main photo was the military boys, cover your eyes in shame. The rest are too stupid to figure out that eventually, the master will turn on them too.

Falcon15 and dragonfly like this.
  14. Alpha Dog

Just another show to the sheeple how Big Brother can make the world a safe place. One day they will open their eyes and it will be to late. To see that they only person they needed protection from was Big Brother. I thank God every day that I am not one of the people who walk through life blind to the world. It's better to fear and live free than to have a false since being safe and live my life as a slave.

15. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

so i'm wondering just how these TSA check points will work. It's not like you are entering a "secure" area so are they voluntary or will you be subject to a full body cavity search if you refuse?

16. Alpha Dog

They should be like a normal road check just proof of insurance, registration, driver's lic. When by law any time you are on a state, county or city road way you have to produce the items at request of LEO. They will probaly set up as safety check point that way they don't have to advertise. Looking for seatbelt's, defective equipment, and thing's like that. If people refuse to produce ID and other information I know here in WV and in NC. failure to produce you can be arrested and charged under John Doe then you have to jump through hoops to get out be cause you are held without bond until they positive ID you. What scares me about TSA is what if they put the highway systems under them? We will fall under federal jurisdiction and then they can enforce the no carry law. Like at federal building, trains, railway property any place they see fit they can prevent the ccw permit holders from what was lawful carry.

Falcon15 likes this.
  17. wideym

wideym Monkey+++

I for one would like more information on this program, it's just too vague on mission objectives.

I did talk to a couple of interstate truck drivers recently (I drove a delivery truck for a plumbing supply house all over western Arkansas and eastern Oklahoma several years ago) who see highway police and inspection stations gearing up for Mexican truck drivers who will soon be driving freely in the U.S. (NAFTA agreement).

Maybe this program is due to the soon to be influx of Mexican truck drivers who probably don't have the same regulations and standards as American truck drivers or they highly suspect drug shipments to be carried by them. TSA does have juristition over Interstate shipping, so it seems this is the most likely target.

18. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Yeah...... they're just after those wascally Mexicans..... that's gotta be it.

Can anyone really trust Oversturmbannfuerer Incompetano and her FedGov goon squad to do the Right Thing.....?

I am seeing the makings of a massive Class Action Lawsuit here.

Alpha Dog and Falcon15 like this.
  19. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

This is just like in Matthew Bracken's book: Enemies Foreign and Domestic...except there it was the BATFE and they were called FIST units. Doesn't matter who's doing it though...it's still a power grab by a federal agency and chopping off just a little more of what a Constitutional Republic is.

Seawolf1090 and Falcon15 like this.
  20. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

This is the Patriot Act at work, and it is by far the LEAST patriotic of all legislation passed since the Alien and Sedition act of 1798 which made it a crime to speak out against certain members of government.
    The Patriot Act has done nothing except create a police state inhabited by sheep, where the Police yell "PAPERS PLEASE!" and the meek, downtrodden people bow their heads and quietly comply. They do this regardless of the humiliation, the degradation and the insanity visited upon them by people who could barely pass a basic skills test, balance a check book or even spell their own names. So NO, the Patriot act has NOT kept us "safe", it has created exactly what the government wanted. Pliable, complicit, and mindless drones who will tolerate any indignity, including violation of every single one of their Constitutional rights. If you believe that this legislation has kept us safe, you are exactly what your government wanted, a drone, a sheep, a lamb for the slaughter. God help you. May your chains rest lightly upon you.

HOW THE HELL does THIS crap defend YOU or me from terrorists? The answer: IT DOES NOT.

It creates a Police State that you accept because it has happened gradually. Like the frog in the pot of water. Drop a frog in a pot of tepid water and gradually increase the temperature, the frog does not jump out and gets boiled to death. As with anything YMMV.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7