1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

U.S. Embedded Spyware Overseas, Report Claims

Discussion in 'Technical' started by stg58, Feb 17, 2015.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

A Russian firm says the NSA is spying on other countries. Kind of like Spy vs. Spy..

Another reason I have never used Kaspersky software, Russian security software?[lolol][ROFL]
    I know the NSA would never do this domestically...

SAN FRANCISCO — The United States has found a way to permanently embed surveillance and sabotage tools in computers and networks it has targeted in Iran, Russia, Pakistan, China, Afghanistan and other countries closely watched by American intelligence agencies, according to a Russian cybersecurity firm.

In a presentation of its findings at a conference in Mexico on Monday, Kaspersky Lab, the Russian firm, said that the implants had been placed by what it called the “Equation Group,” which appears to be a veiled reference to theNational Security Agency and its military counterpart, United States Cyber Command.

It linked the techniques to those used in Stuxnet, the computer worm that disabled about 1,000 centrifuges in Iran’s nuclear enrichment program. It was later revealed that Stuxnet was part of a program code-named Olympic Games and run jointly by Israel and the United States.

Kaspersky’s report said that Olympic Games had similarities to a much broader effort to infect computers well beyond those in Iran. It detected particularly high infection rates in computers in Iran, Pakistan and Russia, three countries whose nuclear programs the United States routinely
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
    Yard Dart, Tully Mars and sec_monkey like this.
  2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey..... Moderator Site Supporter++

Now that is so unlikely to happen, our government is here to protect us and our right to privacy....fear monger........ [LMAO] :lol: [sarc1]
    Tully Mars and sec_monkey like this.
  3. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

No tell me it's not true.

And of course NSA is doing this domestically, that's where the spies are!
    stg58, Tully Mars and sec_monkey like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary