UFO's Anyone?

Discussion in 'Tin Foil Hat Lounge' started by Gator 45/70, May 24, 2021.

1. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Guessing this is the correct place to start a discussion on these UFO's.
    It's becoming more of the norm to talk about these things without the stigma of being a half of bubble off more than normal like in my case[touchdown]
    So do you have a story to tell?
    Was in the boy scouts once upon a time when one of the assistant scout leaders and I were outside the meeting hall shooting the breeze
    It was dark when all the sudden something passes overhead and we caught a brief flash of something passing at a very high rate of speed, Blue in color.
    I turn and ask the man What was that?
    He replays I don't know?
    No sound at all that I could hear
    We quickly went inside.
    Here's a clip, Some have made mainstream news, Some I've never seen until now

NASA and US Navy : UFO is already a fact - ItemFix

I'd like to hear and read a few thoughts on these.

2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I hate to sound like project blue book but a lot of the "UFO sightings" are manned aircraft, man made objects and other unremarkable things.
    One of the newest ones is clearly a weather ballon. Out here where I am they send up 2 or 3 weather balloons each year so I am very familiar with with they look like, I know them when I sees them.
    Anyone who thinks they have something recorded, run it by some one familiar with these objects. Because about 90% of what's out there is clearly our stuff.

jim2, SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. nkawtg

nkawtg Monkey+++

[​IMG]

4. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

IMO if there were truly UFO's the aliens are so far more advanced than we are they would have made themselves know like landing in my backyard. Do I believe in UFO's --anything is possible-- do I believe they are here No

jim2, SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

More than fifty years ago, the kid next door and I were trying out his new telescope, one of those little 4" refractors that are still on the market today.

We were looking at the almost full moon, and getting a surprisingly good view of it. The detail was amazing.

Pretty soon we noticed something odd.

We spent the next 45 minutes watching a globular spacecraft repeatedly orbit the moon.

It flew in an impossible orbit--very close to the surface of the moon, and in a repeating spiral from the "north pole" to the "south pole", making seven passes across the face of the moon each time.

Then after circling out of sight at the "south pole" it would reappear at the "north pole", taking the exact amount of time that it took to make one pass across the face of the moon.

That means it stopped it's spiral course and went straight up (or at a slight slant) to its starting point at the "north pole" while behind the moon.

How fast was it moving? Seven seconds to transit the face of the moon, and seven seconds behind the moon between each transit. And seven seconds to reset from south pole to north pole.

We timed it.

The orbital altitude was about 1/7th of the moon's apparent diameter. We could clearly see its shadow running across the surface of the moon, and in and out of the various craters.

What did it look like? It was a mirror-bright featureless globe. It looked about like a mercury-covered BB held at arm's length.

How big was it? My guess, at the time, was that it was at least 40 miles in diameter.

The space craft was flying an accelerated course. It was under power every instant, and not coasting at any time.

The orbit was ballistically impossible. No unpowered spacecraft could have coasted in a spiral, or moved so fast so close to the surface of the moon. Or reset its "scanning pattern" while behind the moon.

I don't believe in the existence of extraterrestrial spacecraft operated by non-human intelligences.

"Belief" requires both ignorance and faith.

I am aware that extraterrestrial spacecraft operated by non-human intelligences exist.

I've seen them, so my knowledge is certain.

I don't "believe" Ford trucks exist, either.

I've seen them, too, so any belief based on faith and ignorance has been surpassed by certain knowledge.

I am aware that they, too, exist,

What happened after watching that incredible spacecraft for so long? Mom called, so I had to go back home.

Of course!

I've wondered for a long time why the spacecraft flew such a peculiar path, for so very long.

It sure looked like a search pattern to me.

What or who were they searching for?

6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

That's a detail story and fantastic that one remembers all of what was seen, Thanks

7. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

UFO-ology is one of those strange topics that comes up repeatedly.. What is often overlooked is the impact to culture (everyone's culture) that will occur when 'UFOs' are finally revealed as 'real'.

Folks have produced University level monographs on these possible impacts...here are but two.
    "A Saucerful of Secrets": An Interdisciplinary Analysis of UFO Experiences on JSTOR

Other Worlds: The Cultural Significance of the Extraterrestrial Life Debate on JSTOR

Now veering into opinion

You may remember the TV show "Project UFO" produced by Jack Webb et al. in 1978 .
    or the earlier effort from the Brits (Century 21 productions) of "UFO" - both fiction. One very wildly fiction (alien organ-jackers) and the other pretending to be 'serious'.(Blue Book events)

I went to high school with the children of the gentleman who set up the Aerial Phenomena Research Organization (APRO), now MUFON. Needless to say, this made for some interesting chat over lunch. The time frame was 1968-69, a time when the USAF - hiding behind the fig-leaf of a University of Colorado 'study' led by Edward Condon - shut down the Project:Blue Book office.

The APRO was often dismissed as 'kooks' but the organization did offer some seemingly sensible tips for those that bought into the idea that UFOs are 'real'.. For example - Carry in your pocket a nickle, dime and quarter. If you see something - compare it to one of the coins held at arms length. Note the direction of the object. If distance or a crossing observation was made, the parallax (eye to coin to object) would provide a good estimate of the size of the object. - based on the eye to coin distance and both being known values....

MUFON is still active today.

Given my prior work in Nevada with the USAF, I'll only note that in my HS years, the notion of UFOs were real was fairly widespread...

Tucson Az is/was surrounded by multiple Titian II missile silos. More than once I saw pairs F-4s - in full afterburner - blowing across town, at low level, heading for a known silo location - the story was the jets were chasing off an 'intruder'. The correlation of these "UFOs" to nuke sites is well documented over time.
    END BACKGROUNDER
    More opinion...

I have never worried about UFOs. Like the weather, there is F-all you could do about it anyway.

However, I do worry, even today - about how people would react to a live alien....Not a TV alien, but something that landed on the Mall in DC and started stealing fire hydrants - alien encounter.

I could see certain religions that would collapse - and their more zealot membership might go off the deep end. Others, no doubt, might take advantage of the landing...

Markets would collapse, society would be thrown into upheaval and things very well could become...unpleasant.

It is this reason that - IMO - Governments are 'hiding' the certain knowledge that aliens are not only real, but may have already made contact....

I've written about aliens showing up (Daddy's Girl) . How we communicate with an alien visitor falls into the same category as having a cogent discussion with your German Shepard. ie: Not going to happen.

US television viewers have been exposed to a wealth of fictional aliens - and so I would expect that once the aliens are revealed as 'real' the impact here might be minimal... this simply because of prior conditioning. As for places like the mid-east or China...I'm taking no bets.

If this ever happens (ET not only shows up but manages to communicate without blowing up major parts of the planet...from miscommunication) I'd like to be around to see how it plays out. I have to think that would be a biggest E-ticket ride ever...

8. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Apparently, there is going to be released a major document from our government in June concerning UFOs. What I find interesting is is the same government, our government, that was in total denial now admits they exist and are in our airspace. Also, the UFO sightings have increased greatly in the past few months, more than ever before, like double. Coincidence?

A few years ago, I took the time and looked into UFOs and came to the conclusion that they indeed exist. Hell, simply looking at the numbers of existing suns and planets should be enough besides all the millions of sightings over the years. The question I have is why all of a sudden the government now is changing their tune...?

Whenever a government entity reverses themselves it's time to find cover because they got a way to turn it to their advantage. Or, maybe it's because Biden and his followers are themselves not of this world? THAT I could easily understand!

Last edited: May 24, 2021
  9. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

The Nut-fringe has been seeing flying saucers forever. >Gov needs a new distraction, "nothing up my sleeve...Hey look, a UFO..." Corona virus has lost it's ability to control too many already so it's time for a space attack.

10. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Yes, I have heard this theory before and it's highly possible especially since they are now playing the "What's in our airspace can hurt us!" card after all these years. No terrorists, no pandemic, no foreign war(s)...they got to have a crisis of some sort.

11. nkawtg

nkawtg Monkey+++

Whatever their motivation for all this publicity, it's not because aliens are actually here.
    Do I think aliens exist? Probably, it's a vast universe.
    But I don't think they're here.
    There is something much more sinister at work...

12. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

This UFO business will be used by the government to push the narrative the world needs to pool it's resources (translation the USA foots the bill) just incase these space aliens are here to conquer mankind. Covid crisis is about over move to the next real or manufactured crisis.

Last edited: May 24, 2021
  13. nkawtg

nkawtg Monkey+++

I'm reminded of an old Outer Limits episode "The Architects of Fear" where a group of scientists created a UFO hoax in order to unite mankind against an (imagined) enemy.
    Today rather than unite mankind, their goal would be to create a one world govt.

Robert Culp was his usual best in this episode.

johnbb and Gator 45/70 like this.
  14. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I've wondered about this in biblical art, Been around a long long time

1350-crucifixion-painting-two-ufos-chasing-visoki-decani-monestery-2.

mysterymet, SB21 and techsar like this.
  15. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Chariots of the Gods.

16. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Count me among the doubters. Such a document existing, it would have been leaked by now. Usual leakage time is in excess of three months, so this is too close to believe.

techsar and Gator 45/70 like this.
  17. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

They exist. They will promise to solve all our problems. They will deceive and we will believe. They are not our friends. They are not invincible.

gunbunny, mysterymet, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  18. nkawtg

nkawtg Monkey+++

And they will give us a book as a goodwill gesture. It's titled: To Serve Man

It's a cookbook

19. FTM2 Tartar

FTM2 Tartar On Hiatus Banned

UFO = faulty IFF

techsar likes this.
  20. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

techsar likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7