UK starting to comprehend grid risk

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Airtime, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

Brokor, HK_User and Bandit99 like this.
  2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

And the rest of the first world nations aren't far behind.
    Big cities and no power = population reduction plus other unsavory consequences

Brokor, Tully Mars, Lancer and 2 others like this.
  3. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

No power would be complete anarchy in probably not more than 2 days...

4. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

No Guns, No problems they'll all be good little peps.

Tully Mars likes this.
  5. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

Not a place I'd want to be, big cities here will be bad enough, but I'll bet the US has more prepped folks than England.

HK_User, tacmotusn and Lancer like this.
  6. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

H.G. Wells in his book "The War in the Air" predicted this back in 1909 - some things never seem to change

There is actually a pretty significant Buchcrafting/survival subculture in the UK. In the 'urban' areas, things would go back quickly, just as they would in the US.

Folks living in Midas, NV, for example, might not notice a continent wide grid collapse....

mysterymet and Brokor like this.
  7. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

It's only the major city areas populated mainly by leftists and hipsters we ought to consider going crazy and WROL.
    The rest of us "sane" folk will fire up the BBQ's and invite the neighbors over.

mysterymet and VisuTrac like this.
  8. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Just as WW1 and 2 we had to provide food, material and a rifleman's weapons, whoda thunk it could happen again?

9. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

So they were able to take a break from obsessing over fake man made climate to worry about something else?
    My they have come a long ways.

10. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Do you think it would be much different here? When the gas pumps don't work and Wally-world won't sell because their computers are down, there is no internet to flex your cyber muscles? Liberals get to see real gun violence for the first time in their lives and there are no "safe" places? Road rage takes on a whole new meaning when there are ten thousand cars dead in the roads and everyone thinks they are entitled to whatever fuel is available. No texting, no chat rooms, and the damned credit card won't work. There are armed people out there and they are hungry and everybody has needs that important to nobody else. My, my...give this place a week and I'll betcha there is at least a 40% reduction in general population.

mysterymet, oldawg and VisuTrac like this.
  11. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

12. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

And a 30 round magazine is going to seem awfully small, though I would like to see Joe Biden fire two shots from his double barrel shotgun in the air as the advancing hoard comes for his stuff.

Seawolf1090 and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  13. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

What “Stuff” would that be? Uncle Joe will only have FRNs in the Bank, which are Useless, and no more food than any of his neighbors.. except for mighty nice Wine Cellar... His Secreat Service Dudes will split to secure their own supplies... He is a Prime Politico and thus due for elimination, for Treason...

Cruisin Sloth and apache235 like this.
  14. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

LOL Midas, NV -

Attended a tax sale there once. They were selling something like 25' x 100' lots within the town limits. Local regulations require that you own a minimum of two connected lots in order to build and there were a number of single lots that had been isolated between other owned lots.

They were essentially useless, but that wasn't generally known. My wife found out about it early on- so we didn't bid.

Later, Newmont Mining purchased the mineral rights and reopened the old gold mine there.

Cruisin Sloth likes this.
  15. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Midas, the world largest junkyard pretending to be a town....

mis-spent some of my youth in college for a Geo-exploration company. Got to see a whole lot of NV and rural AZ

Cruisin Sloth likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7