Underwood Deviled Ham Conspiracy!!!!

Discussion in 'Tin Foil Hat Lounge' started by Thunder5Ranch, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

I have searched high and I have searched low to replenish my Cans of Underwood Deviled Ham! I won't buy online, just something I won't do.......mainly because everything I buy online looks like a herd of Bison migrated over it and then was tossed into the UPS truck by angry Apes. In my quest I found nasty little canned sausages, Spam in 6 flavors, Corned Beef, Corned Beef Hash and all of the store brand knock offs. It finally occurred to me that there is a vast conspiracy to keep me from obtaining my UNDERWOOD DEVILED HAM!!! Now this makes MRs T5R Very Happy as she says the cans of Underwood remind her of extremely nasty heavily soiled Diapers.

After bit of thinking on this it became clear that MRs T5Rs Loathing of Underwood makes her a prime suspect in the vast conspiracy to deny me of my joy of opening a can of Underwood and savoring the aroma as the can pops open and that first little taste of the salty almost meat heaven inside before spreading it generously over Keebler Club Crackers and giving it a shot of tobasco or buffalo sauce and gobbling them down.

This Conspiracy must be Vast and has to start right here in my own cabin and include grocery store ordering management, up through the Grocery store distribution center and through all of the middlemen and distributors inbetween and may even go all the way up to the Underwood shipping Dock itself!!!

Or maybe there is just a shortage of Underwood :)

Ura-Ki, oldawg, BlueDuck and 3 others like this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Amazon has lots of it in various sizes, and some with Prime Shipping…

Ura-Ki, Brokor, duane and 1 other person like this.
  3. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

they have liverworst available >>> interesting meat alternative

Ura-Ki, duane and Dark Wolf like this.
  4. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

FWIW, I agree with Mrs. T5R on her assessment of Underwood Deviled Ham.

Ura-Ki, duane and Thunder5Ranch like this.
  5. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

The shortage is real. Turns out that they used up the entire second quarter production at Obama's 60th birthday party. Seems it's the choice unnamed meat with possible pork by product content spread of the sophisticated Hollywood elites.

Ura-Ki, Altoidfishfins, duane and 2 others like this.
  6. Dark Wolf

Dark Wolf Monkey

I haven't had liverwurst in years. I may have to pick some up this week.

DW

Ura-Ki, Lancer, duane and 1 other person like this.
  7. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Eat it daily @ 1300

Ura-Ki and Thunder5Ranch like this.
  8. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Down to my last dozen cans in the super secret critical foods hidey hole! AND YES the powdered sugar little donuts are critical food that has to be restocked weekly :) You ain't ate until you slather a generous helping of Underwood between two mini powder sugar donuts with a couple dill pickle slices and a shot of buffalo sauce and then sop it in milk :)

DSC02399.JPG

SB21, Ganado, Ura-Ki and 3 others like this.
  9. duane

duane Monkey+++

Yep. Some unnamed groups are noted for their "donuts", for preppers it is their "canned meat products" on crackers, etc. Salty dried beef out of a jar, white sauce, over toast, heaven indeed as wife runs for john just looking at it. She just never developed a taste for SOS at 3 AM for breakfast and coffee that properly supports the spoon.

SB21, john316, Ura-Ki and 2 others like this.
  10. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

MaryKitchen corned beef hash one of my favorites in fact it's the only brand I'll eat

Ura-Ki and Thunder5Ranch like this.
  11. Lancer

Lancer TANSTAFL! Site Supporter+++

SOS is heaven after a rough night of whatever.....

Ura-Ki, duane and Thunder5Ranch like this.
  12. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Love that stuff, long been a favorite with a couple eggs and a biscuit or three.

Lancer, Ura-Ki and johnbb like this.
  13. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

One word - URP![LMAO][LMAO]

14. duane

duane Monkey+++

Things we don't see in the grocery store much anymore. Deviled ham cans, small jars of dried beef, pimento cheese spread in jars, blood sausage, gritwurst or other breakfast sausages that were cut open and fried and eaten with syrup, fresh, smoked, or pickled heart or tongue, choice of molasses, sugar, sogorum, etc for sweetners, pallets of 25 lb sacks of flour and sugar next to cash register as impulse items, large boxes of frozen peaches, pears, etc, that were designed to be canned rather than refrozen Twenty five pound sacks of oatmeal, steel cut oats, rice, grits, etc that were used instead of boxed breakfast food. Still love rice with raisins and spices fresh made for breakfast. Most nuts came with shells on, stayed a lot fresher that way. Lewis lye to make soap and to clean dairy equipment as well as other chemicals used around the house. Pink salt, cure, spices, etc for making ham and sausage at home, displays of replacement gaskets and such for maintaining your pressure cooker for canning. Butcher expected to "touch up" your knife for free and store handing out paring knives with the store name and phone number on as "gifts". Lye soap that had to be shaved and added to the boiling water in the wash boiler for diapers and other "cleaning" cloths. Boxes of matches, safety, strike anywhere, long or short, waxed to keep from getting "damp" in the cellar, match books, lots of choices. Peppermint, anise, root beer, and other flavorings used to make home made candy and drinks. Drinks that were made, root beer, birch beer, etc, might or might not be suitable for children. Worms and night crawlers in containers and live in pop cooler. Butcher giving you "selected" cuts of something, often quite a secret, that was excellent bait for bull heads, carp, and cat fish, might even be used to bait a trap or two during the right season. Bones for you dog with a surprising amount of meat on them that ended up in the soup pot, some custom in our neighborhood of always asking for "dog" bone, surprised I didn't end up barking. Grocery store carried a full line of "Rit" dye and the correct things to make it not fade and used to dye that feed sack or old shirt another color. Well you can't go back and things would have to totally collapse and be on version 2 of civilization before they are going to come back.

15. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

What I always love to stock is the Danish Tinned Ham, I always stock up on them when I find them, same with the deviled ham in the O.P. usually to go along with the Spam! Wife loves these, they are perfect for soups and beans, especially Pinto beans or Lentils!
    Problem is, i'm always using the Danish Ham on toast for breakfast, smoke up the cast iron, and toast up a couple slices with ham applied, and finish with a couple of eggs over easy!!
    Hormel Corned Beef Hash is my favorite of all canned meats, I like mine crisped up a little, not outright burnt, just crisped up and served along side a couple eggs! Might get extra fancy and grind up a little local made apple wood smoked sausage if i'm feeling extra hungry, but usually not!

16. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Now days they have Candy and bags of literal garbage and an abundance peaches and plums that are crisper than a green apple :(

duane and 3M-TA3 like this.
  17. cpaspr

cpaspr Monkey+++

I grew up on the Mary Kitchen Corned Beef Hash. Loved it with a little extra ketchup and mustard added to the pan while heating it up. Later, I found they also made a Roast Beef Hash. That was even better (to me), in that it didn't have those little bits of inedible whatevers that I was always picking out of the CBH.

duane, Ura-Ki and johnbb like this.
  18. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I make my own bologna and liverwurst, maybe some haggis next? I still buy those little cans of vienna sausages and potted meat. Love a potted meat sandwich with mayo and a thick slice of tomato, some salt and pepper...but my favorite snack is peanut butter on a ritz with a slice of pickled jalapeno.

duane and Ura-Ki like this.
  19. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Oh, Man, Liverwurst is the bomb, especially on toasted baguette with a little mayo and crumbled egg and diced onion!
    Goose Liver, especially un rendered is also wonderful, best spread on those keebler butter crackers!
    We also make Bangers here at home, best there is, especially with a little HP sauce and sweet pub mustard for dipping!
    Or, Mash them up and roll in that super thin dough and deep fry um up!

Lancer and duane like this.
  20. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

When I was in the produce biz we had latitude to purchase from the local growers. It was always better and fresher, and the farmers stood behind their product. Then the big corporate farms (read California) decided to increase their market share and developed cosmetically perfect fruit that was in many cases also very large. We referred to them as shippers, and they were always picked green to prevent damage in transit. The problem was that flavor, sweetness, and texture were secondary to visual. They never really ripen properly, and when they do they go bad very quickly. Regardless they never reached anywhere near their full potential, which again was secondary to the varieties.

It worked, and our customers chose cosmetics and size over superior fruit to the point where the locals that survived had to follow the same tactics or sell out. Most of those farms are now subdivisions and nobody under 50 has any idea of what real fruits and vegetables taste like. I won't even eat strawberries anymore unless I hit a farm stand. Those nasty things from California (all you can find in the grocery stores and alas the so called "farmer's markets" these days) could just as well be made out of Styrofoam. At least there are still several remaining in the outlaying areas growing them for preserves so you can still get decent berries. Nothing like the Marshals of the past. Now THAT was a strawberry! Everything else tastes like watered down Strawberry Quik by comparison.

john316, Lancer, Ura-Ki and 2 others like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7