Unleash the Beast-Our 11th Anniversary Date

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ColtCarbine, Aug 26, 2006.

1. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Unleash the Beast-Uncle Ted ROCKS the State Fair

Recouperating from last night's concert at the Oregon State Fair. Uncle Ted ROCKED the house, my heads was ringing afterwards so the volume was just right. [rockon]

You know you have a great wife when you can take her to a NUGE concert for your 11th Anniversary.

Got there 2 hrs. early, there was about 30 people ahead of us, until folks started letting their friends in line. The line got pretty long about 1/2 hr. before the doors were supposed to open, doors opened about 1/2 hr. late.

Bought a T-shirt. Picked up a couple of guitar picks thrown by the bassist right in front of me during the encore of Great White Buffalo. The only drumstick thrown was to my left, bummer.

We sat center stage front row, being early pays off for General Admission seating. Ted brought lots of machineguns some with BALLS (Ted's description of M-16's with BETA mags) and of course Ma' Duece was there. Wish I knew we could have brought a camera, oh well there's next time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Congratulations of your anniversary. I hope the many more you will have will be just as fun

3. ColtCarbine

Thanks RightHand. Tracy didn't like the idea of standing in line 2 hrs. early but it paid off, since we sat in the front row. She agreed afterwards. The only thing that could have made the evening better, is if we knew somebody that could have gotten us Backstage for the Meet and Greet with Uncle Ted after the show. Gonna have to find out how for the next show, probably need to check out his website for that.

4. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Happy Anniversary Y'all!!!

Congratulations on double 1's!!!

[​IMG]

5. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Thank you, Ladies!
    RH - I think Fun is the most important thing to have!:)
    CRC - :cool:! My new motto!

It was a rockin' good time!b::

I sat a few seats down from a lady who must've been in her mid-to-late 70's. Well; you all know me well enough to know that my curiosity got the best of me, so I had to ask her "Are you a big Nugent fan?" No, she's not, but her hubby was (widow) and her kids and grandkids are. Here's the kicker: She's attended every concert there since 1992, no matter who's playing. How cool:cool: is that?!

6. CRC

I heard Buffett in a bar, a long long time ago....and he said...
    "We're here for a good time.....NOT a long time.."

and it hit home....and stuck.....;)

7. ColtCarbine

CRC, ever sit in the front row at a concert and remain seated for most of the concert?

We did :eek:

8. CRC

SEATED?????

I haven't remained seated at a concert in over 15 yrs..unless you count Aretha Franklin..Nope...stood up there too...She ended with a 15 minute version of "Pink Cadillac" and "Freeway of Love"....

Seated????

Why would one want to do that???:eek:

9. ColtCarbine

Yup seated, I had ants in my pants bad. I'm sure the other 8 people that remained seated like Tracy and I enjoyed the concert just as much as the others, if not more we were front row and they weren't. Unfortunately, some of the others in our front row weren't as courteous to those who had no choice but to be seated the entire concert, since they were in wheelchairs. I hate crowds anywhere because it almost always has it's share of rude people that you want to bitch slap. Saw a few that deserved a friendly slap up side the head.

10. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Happy Anniversary !!!!! Sounds like it was a great time!:D

11. BigO01

BigO01 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Happy Anniversary you two hope you have many more to come !!!

12. CRC

Very nice CC & Tracy!!

At all the Buffett shows the handicapped seats are on the sides and up front....so no one is in front of them........Up front and to the sides...But I only go to outdoor venues now..so I don't know about the indoor ones...

and here, well..down in Jax, all the handicapped seats are in the balcony...but there is not a bad seat in the house there.....I have sat in the balcony for many concerts there...Old theatre they redid..and beautiful....Seen some greats there....I've seen BB King for the last 10 yrs there....and soooo many others...Eric Clapton...Aretha..Robert Cray...John Prine, Guy Clark & Joe Ely together for the songwriters tour....and some I'm just not going to put here....(I'm NOT leaving that door open! [raspberry] )

I wonder why they put a row in FRONT of the handicapped though....Why didn't they just put them in the very front? Too close to the stage? Couldn't see?

13. poacher

poacher Monkey+++ Founding Member

A belated Happy Anniversary to you two. Sounds like you had a great time. Hope next years anniversary is as good as this ones was.
    Take care Be safe Poacher.

14. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Happy Anniversary !!!! I would have spent it with Uncle Ted giving the chance as well.:D

15. ColtCarbine

I noticed they allowed 2 people in company of the handicapped to sit in the front row, at least until the front row filled up. Most folks never even tried to sit in the front row of the section we sat in because there were (Handicapped Seating) signs on the back of the front row seats. When we entered to find a good seat, we were ushered and directed to the front row in front of the Handicapped row, sometimes it helps when the Apprentice working with you works Security at the concerts at the State Fair. :D

16. ColtCarbine

Bought the tickets back in June and we didn't realize at the time the concert was on our Anniversary.

17. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Very CooL Colt.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7