VA Appointment> Moving right along to avoid COVID19 exposure.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HK_User, May 26, 2020.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Last week I had a date with a Doc. Cardio dude and new to me for all these guys are retiring!

Anyway I ask for the short form of my visit listing results and vitals. All were good and the BMI was great. Of course I'll soon have a stress test and echo to check my heart and the repaired valve from 2000.

Monday I typed all the test results and provided a Med list with supplements, and sent it, via secure messaging to my VA Doc and did request a Phone Exam. This am an early phone call and I am all set for a Phone exam, no exposure and no 60 mile trip.

Things are a chagin'

Earlier this month I received an email from the VA clinic that this was an option.

You just gotta take time to read those emails.

sec_monkey likes this.
  2. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

I like the option and I'm glad it's working out for you.

I used to enjoy those 60 mile drives, stopping at every gun store and thrift shop along the way, taking 1/2 days off work, stopping somewhere for a great lunch, and being reimbursement for travel.

It's good that the VA is able to adapt and take care of us, but I'm happy take off 1/2 a day now and then, or twelve weeks like I did last year. It's still definitely better care from the VA than I got when I retired 20+ years ago.

Hope you are good to go on your stress test.

Semper Fi

sec_monkey and HK_User like this.
  3. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

My last heart check up was a phone type... went fairly well...

HK_User likes this.
  4. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Yup I am in good physical shape, this AM I have 500 lbs of feed to unload from the truck to feed storage hoppers. Days that do not require manual labor I have an exercise regime and then skip a day. A must for this type of world.
    Later today I have an appointment to pick up a load of meat from a local source. It will be sorted and frozen. I pay by check and they load it in the ice chest. This may be the last load from them for a while but I have a steer that will be ready by early fall and again the same place will butcher and finish with a pick up by me.

hot diggity likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7