VIRGINIA TRAFFIC STOP??

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Cruisin Sloth, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

enloopious and Tempstar like this.
  2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Dumbasses. Even a butter bar can afford a good enough lawyer to become a share holder in the Norfolk police department after that.

enloopious, Tempstar and SB21 like this.
  3. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Cops are treated increasingly worse in this country because of shit like this, yet they still won't police their own to weed out the bad ones. Hope the Lt. wins this one.

enloopious, TnAndy and mysterymet like this.
  4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Yall being played again.
    He failed to comply with any instructions after being ordered multiple times.
    Theres the complete clip out there,Dude thought he was slick.

Capt. Tyree, norseman and Mountainman like this.
  5. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

I'd be curious as to what precipitated the stop in the first place. Cops don't come out with guns drawn over a missing license plate. Got to be way more to this story.

6. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Then why was the officer fired? They do not have almighty authority. They are just men like the rest of us. The tin badge does not confer any special powers. We are ALL equals in America. Public servants are less equal because they must follow special rules and this officer did not.

Tempstar and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

The one acting stupid is black.
    Someone has to be the fall guy for Whoh is me,The cracker cop beat me up.
    Theres way more to this one sided race baiting short clip.
    Common sense tells you something happened way before this because your only allowed to see a censored shortened version,Search for the full clip

8. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Right or wrong,, I don't see how any of the police can even walk out the door of their homes to go to work these days . They're a walking target for part of our society,, they're ostracized by their city's governments,, being ridiculed, by the very ones that would not , and could not do their job .
    I feel there may come a time when they all just up and quit ,, and let the population sort itself out. I'm not advocating for this ,, but these people aren't going to just wake up one morning and decide,, aw hell , I'm tired of being a piece of crap on society and I'm going to get a job and act right ,,, No sir ,,, this world is going to shit real fast .

Gator 45/70 and Oddcaliber like this.
  9. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Full on camo does NOT constitute an obvious uniform, especially with officers that have no sleeve insignia. Saying that does NOT excuse those louts issuing contradictory orders that cannot be obeyed without disobeying the other one.

Cops are paid to take chances, but this was an overreaction.

10. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

This has already been broken down fully elsewhere, those cops went WAY overboard with the initial stop, then proceeded to escalate things further when the Lt. Refused to comply with their unlawful commands!
    Do a search of this story and listen to the breakdowns of it!

Basically, the Lt. Had reason ( and it's lawful in every jurisdiction) to not Instantly pull over, which officer shithead fully took as eluding which escalated the stop to a felony stop! From there, the contridictions of commands were un followable! Then it kept escalating further as officer shithead decided to go all superiority and talk down to the Lt. and make false threats!

Cops like that give good cops a bad rap, and unfortunately, it's not as uncommon as you would think! I know personally, having met one whom later got his ass handed him bloody with out the badge and gun backing him!

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  11. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Pffft that ain't nuffins.
    Down here doesn't matter if you're pink,purple, green,white,brown or black,You dont do as commanded they kick your ass,Happens all the time.Only certain ones get special treatment.
    I ain't one of them.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  12. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

...Which means that soon only the type A, follow orders blindly, don't care what anyone thinks assh*les will be all that's left. You know, the ones stupid enough to come for your guns. Coincidence?

SB21 and Ura-Ki like this.
  13. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

The problem as I see it is we have to put trust in our LEOs, at least give them the benefit of 'doubt'. What is interesting is why didn't the Lt. comply with demands in order to deescalate the scenario? Whether it was an illegal stop, illegal procedures or just stupid, I keep asking myself why the hell didn't the Lt obey then protest, bring charges, and sued them into bankruptcy. All he did was escalate the problem and it could have turned out even worse - bloody. Don't get me wrong. The police handled this incorrectly but once they stopped the guy he should have obey. So, in my mind this dumbass Lt was as much as fault as the cop. And, no, I do not understand his reasoning of I am not going to do as you say because I am innocent and have done nothing wrong...just like every criminal has said from the beginning of time. Yeah... I don't get it. Good thing I am not sitting on jury of this law suit as I wouldn't give this dumbass a dime except some advice to next time obey the officer and let him do his job.

EDIT: furthermore, if indeed, he 'failed to stop' is a felony in some places which explain the increased use of force; however, does not explain the police's behavior...

Mountainman, Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  14. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

The word on the street is that he did not stop instantly, but proceeded to a safer location. That was his first mistake, stopping on the spot was what the jack boot wanted. If he had, they MAY have told him to go to that safer pull off.
    Happened to me that way once, I stopped in the right lane with a guard rail within 5 feet of my passenger's door. I'll give him full marks for realizing his ass was going to be in the left lane when he came for my L&R and telling me to go forward.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    Bandit99, Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  15. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Had a stupid cop try and pull me over when I was in the left turn lane, he even got on the bull horn as I was turning left at the signal that I was expected to pull over to the right, crossing two lanes of traffic in the process! He then went off on me once I got all the way over to the right and then stopped! I requested his supervisor and collected his name and badge number so that if things went to traffic court, I would have evidence against the cop! The super did show up and they both reviewed the cam footage and decided it best to let me go with no warning or ticket! Seems the cop was such a hot head he forgot the basics of traffic law and safety! I did file a complaint and got a letter from the city, I spoke to the super and the cop was terminated from the force!

16. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Had another cop decide he would try to pull over my emergency vehicle while I was in route to an active fire ( keep in mind, this is a legit fire truck/water tender with the proper lights and sirens, and state and fed operating authority), I obviously pulled to the shoulder after about 3 miles it took to change lanes in the super busy traffic! I told the cop I was on a call and in route to a fire and that it might even be his home burning, and that the longer he took to do his thing, the more of his neighbors homes would burn! He also got fired later on after I informed the city of his stupidity!
    Apparently, this cop thought a 225,000 pound emergency vehicle traveling at high speed in the break down lane was against the law or something, he got even madder when I told him I also drive fast in the shoulders! Lol

Mountainman, Bandit99, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  17. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

seems all cops are on the same venue :Covicide

Ura-Ki likes this.
  18. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

That event was very poorly handled by the cops, and I am by NO means anti-cop ;). Look at the face on the young one that I initiated the stop when his TO (that’s apparently what he was) let’s his ego completely manage the situation. I get the young guy being a bit wired when the LT didn’t stop but as quick as it escalated it should have deescalated and that young one knew it !!! He just didn’t have the nuts to call it at the time.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  19. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I do not agree completely with the actions of the cops,, but the Lt. knows to respect authority,, his job demands that . All he had to do was get out , as told.

Mountainman, Ura-Ki and Bandit99 like this.
  20. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Yeah...I am not making excuses for the officers but this dumbass Lt. should have done as he was ordered. I get it that the officers are hyped, not knowing what could happen next, and that anxiety increases when the dumbass doesn't respond to directions. The fact that he was in uniform doesn't mean a damn thing nor that he was minority. I remember specifically watching a video of a cop stopping a vehicle of a man in uniform and the guy pulled a gun, shot the officer, got out of the car and tried to shoot him again. I mean, what was the officers suppose to do? So...they escalated the situation, becoming impatient, frustrated, angry, and more violent, and definitely more wrong. They lost control of the situation and this easily could have turned bloody. I believe the lead officer could just as easily deescalated the situation but it became a war of wills, like a parent and a unruly child.

I also believe the officer was correctly fired...still that's not an excuse for the dumbass Lt. and I hope he doesn't get a penny.

EDIT: I was thinking what I would have done if I was the officer...perhaps tased him? I need to look up if that would have been a correct procedure. The person wasn't violent but would not comply in order to be restrained so the officers could safely ascertain the situation. How would you handle it?

EDIT: I looked up the Taser Guidelines and actually I would say no, it would not have justified its use, at least from the Guideline I found with a quick search
    30157-30162 Taser Policy.pdf (aclu.org) . I am fascinated now how an experienced officer would have handled such a scenario.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    Gator 45/70, SB21 and Ura-Ki like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7