Walmart Stores Are Being Turned into Detention Centers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OldDude49, Jun 17, 2018.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

I remember when the claim was made a while back... I also remember the MSM sayin nope...

hmmm.....

When citizens began to ask questions about why Walmart stores were suddenly closing in in southern states in 2015, the mainstream media insisted that the closures were due to plumbing problems and that any suggestion of government involvement was a crazy conspiracy theory. Three years later, the MSM is finally admitting that several of those Walmart stores were converted into detention centers, which now house immigrant children who have been separated from their parents.

At least 1,500 boys are currently being detained in Brownsville, Texas, where NBC News reported that they “spend 22 hours per day during the week (21 hours on weekends) locked inside a converted former Walmart,” where at least five boys are packed into rooms built for four. Many of those in prisons across the United States get more yard time than these children.

The boys range in age from 10 to 17 years old, and the average stay at the center is around 52 days. If the idea of imprisoning young boys as if they are felons for two months’ straight sounds agonizing and cruel, that is because it is. A small group of reporters was allowed inside the facility, and the report from NBC claimed that guard asked them to “smile at the hundreds of detained migrant kids in line for a meal because ‘they feel like animals in a cage being looked at.’”

A report from ABC News also noted that the detention center in Brownsville “was once a Walmart,” and while it claimed that the facility was “clean and well-staffed, with activities to keep the kids busy and their minds off their unfortunate situation,” it also noted that this was “a media tour, and journalists weren’t allowed to interview any of the children.”

“Where there were once racks of clothes and aisles of appliances, there were now spotless dorm-style bedrooms with neatly made beds and Pokémon posters on the walls,” the New York Times reported, noting that the converted Walmart store is now the largest licensed migrant children’s shelter in the country, but failing to point out that it was one of many stores that mysteriously went out of business when President Obama was still in office.

more on site...

Mainstream Media Confirms Conspiracy Theory That Walmart Stores Are Being Turned into Detention Centers

2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Childernsprison.
    Better them then us.

Gator 45/70, ochit and Seepalaces like this.
  3. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

This never would have happened if they stayed in Mexico

4. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

And don't let it slip by, this was the doing of the Obama administration.....them compassionate lib's. :rolleyes:

5. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

One thing I know about "spotless" dorms--the kids pay for them with a lot of pain.

It's obvious that the form of incarceration described is legally-sanctioned felony child abuse.

Try doing that to your own kids and see how fast you wind up in a considerably less-than-spotless dorm where all fourteen of your cellmates are gangbangers.

Of both kinds.

On the side, I was talking to an associate once, quite a while back. He was a felon, and had been in some real hell-holes.

We were having coffee and discussing what America had come to. He said to me "Never let them take you alive."

Then he was silent for a little while, and he looked back up at me and said "That doesn't necessarily mean that you're the one that should do the dyin."

And he meant it. If they ever tried to take him again, I'm sure some of them died tryin'. Maybe he did, too, but if so he was the last to die on that fine day.

Much of what our fine upstanding gubberment routinely does to American prisoners is outright torture, to say nothing of things like the waterboarding and dieseling that the VIPs get.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    Gator 45/70, ochit and Seepalaces like this.
  6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I ain't buying the conspiracy theory. Period. That said, segregating the kids from their parent just does not seem right to me. It's based on a premise of incarcerating the lawbreaking adults and having the kids "free." Laughable, regardless of elephant or donkey origins.

Sent 'em all home, wherever it may be, or someplace else that will offer political asylum. We have taken in far more than our "fair share" of refugees.

Yard Dart, Gator 45/70, Dont and 3 others like this.
  7. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Sorry but I have lost much of my sensitivity due to many reasons over the years, mostly from being in bad places of the world at bad times, so I have little compassion to offer these kids that that should not be here as they get fed and housed for 52 days. Perhaps, they should ask their parents why they are in a Walmart Detention Center? I mean, we could put them to work to pay for the cost of all of this instead, digging ditches, picking fruits/vegetables, picking up garbage...

8. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

I am of the same opinion.

9. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

AC, 3 Hots and a Cot, clean undies. What a deal.
    Must seem like heaven to some on those 105 degree days in Brownsville.

44044, Bandit99, Gator 45/70 and 3 others like this.
  10. ochit

ochit Monkey+

I on the other hand don't care send them back immediately get pictures and prints first if they don't comply do what they do to our kids in jails and prisons force them into submission and take the prints anyway. Warm and fuzzy I am not children generally speaking are more destructive than a tornado more apt to violence and thievery and gangs love them for prostitutes and little soldiers.Under age girls are worth their weight in gold to gangs that pimp them out if the parents don't like it the gangs have ways to handle that.

These are facts I know personally with years of experience with them from all countries south of the border.
    If someone dangerous enters your home you can defend yourself and we have seen armed home invasions by children (under 18) but if you try to defend your property especially along the border or prevent squatters from taking over out building your a monster, well F___ them they all know it's illegal to cross our borders without permission ! Where so all these bleeding hearts get that sh*t that they are sooooo ignorant well they are not, they are just soooo very smart. That poor peasant sh*t cuts no ice with me. are some good yes but just as many are NOT they do not assimilate they live in areas loosely connected they are not the upper crust most of them were hookers and gang members back home or in trouble with the law. many fought in wars were part of the drug trade even the children acted as lookouts. nothing is illegal across the border except getting caught or not being rich and powerful enough to get away with it --- same as here.

44044, Bandit99, Gator 45/70 and 2 others like this.
  11. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

I would house the kids in barrack tents, just like a boot camp, work them 8 hours a day in the fields, feed them well, and require them to participate in four hours a day of formal education. (Three R's)

I'd treat them like humans in their free time, and rack them out in bunks that were reasonably comfortable.

And I'd watch them like a hawk, 24/7.

Any of the little hardcases that didn't want to go with the program would live in individual cells in a stockade until they changed their minds or got shipped out of the US.

For adults, I'd use prison farms of much the same kind. Each convict would wear an ankle bracelet, work in the fields, and be educated in agriculture. First offense: two years. Second offense, four years, third offense fifteen years. No time off, no parole.

When they were released after however long, they would be sent back across the border, where they would be at least able to make a living in agriculture.

Any that wanted to become US citizens after being repatriated could do it the right way and be made welcome--right up to the the annual legal immigration limits set by law.

Every Mexican citizen shipped back to Mexico would be shipped to the most southern available location. That would kind of slow the revolving door down a bit, since they'd face a 1,200 mile journey back to the US border

I think that would work...

44044, Bandit99, HK_User and 4 others like this.
  12. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

This explains why the children are separated and what their parents needed to do in order to prevent it. Funny that Suzanne Bonamici thinks she won this exchange, since it was posted on her YT channel. Suzanne is par for the course among Oregon legislators; only slightly more aware than Maxine Waters:

Consider that the majority are from south of Mexico but aren't trying to claim political asylum there, even though Mexico already tolerates their presence. They are free to remain in Mexico while they follow legal means to either emigrate or pursue political refugee status. This is why I call BS on most of their claims.

I fully embrace LEGAL immigrants and refugees. I am the descendant of such.

ochit, oldawg and UncleMorgan like this.
  13. ghrit

Ah-HA!! on the level of an amoeba. Maxine would need a ladder to get there.

44044, 3M-TA3, ochit and 1 other person like this.
  14. Tevin

Tevin Monkey+++

I don't like the idea of detaining kids in these places, but the liberals and the media are ignoring one huge question: If they should not be detained, then what should be done with them?

Many of them came as unaccompanied minors. So do we just let unsupervised kids loose in the USA?

Some did come with adults. Then what? Keep the adults but let the kids go? Detain the kids with the adults in "family jails"?

If any American is arrested for a crime, they will be separated from their kids, at least for a while. Why should illegals get special treatment? Maybe no one with kids should ever be arrested because it's "cruel" to the kids?

There has to be some kind of mechanism for discouraging illegals from coming here in the first place. Making life no-so-nice for them is one way to do that. I do not endorse torture or unduly harsh punishment, but there must be a reasonable way to make it just miserable enough that word will spread and they will reconsider attempting to come here.

Illegally entering the USA should not be a pleasurable experience.

But I wish one of the pissy-pants liberals would answer my question: If detaining minors is not the answer, what is?

ochit and ghrit like this.
  15. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Haven't heard much about the kids being brought in to be sold. No mention of whether the kids are actually with their parents or an abductor.

How about we start sending them to the people who are whining about their treatment? Each politician that is critical of the current situation, but offers no alternative can have FIFTY illegal immigrant kids delivered to their door.

Solutions would suddenly become clear. Build the wall.

Thunder5Ranch and Homer Simpson like this.
  16. ghrit

There is the obvious answer. Allow all and sundry to come in, prop up their feet, and consume without working.

17. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Those poor ''children are merely coming over here to take drivers ed. Since its no longer available in Mexico

I hear the Donkey died............[ROFL][ROFL][ROFL]

Zimmy and Yard Dart like this.
  18. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Voluntary / Involuntary servitude?

Have them working the fields to pay for their prison housing?

We may want to consider the future of that plan. It could very well be a very short step from illegal intruders into our lands to indigent citizens, or perhaps anyone needing to work to pay the debts that are owed. National debt..

Once the national populace becomes accustomed to thinking that plan is normal then ANYONE IS AT RISK..

If a family is detained then it should be as a family. If the youngsters are unaccompanied then how the heck did they get all the way here? Treat them as a run away and emediatly return them to their families.. Are they an orphan? Return to country of origin and hand them over to a orphans service organization.. Lots of christian dollars are gathered to care for them..

Just some thoughts my tired old man brain came to..

Zimmy, Gator 45/70 and Tempstar like this.
  19. ochit

ochit Monkey+

I was all for a catapult on our side to shoot them across the border but it seems they didn't like my plan.:(

20. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Send them back on busses and make them Mexico's problem. We need to adopt an "enough is enough" policy and make Mexico shoulder the responsibility for it's people, or those that used Mexico as a point of entry. Realistically, they're kids and I wouldn't make them do forced labor or live in detention no more than I would want it done to my own, but I would ship them back over the border.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7