Warning to preppers from Rand Paul

Discussion in 'Politics' started by melbo, Dec 5, 2011.

1. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

I searously doubt theres one person left in America that thinks the current system will survive, the ones dependent on it will ride the wave as far as it will take them, but even they have to realize that its temporary.

2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Mitt a terrorist? Awesome! and he's running for president. Let's test out this new fangled gooberment plan and see how it plays out.

tacmotusn, Falcon15 and Sapper John like this.
  3. limpingbear

limpingbear future cancer survivor....

so...has obama signed it yet? the white house says they will veto. i think they lie but he may suprise us.....
    until he signs it.......a screw it, im worried...

4. VisuTrac

Larry, the sheeple are on life support, having their dreams dictated to them. They are in a happy state of bliss choreographed by the man.

They will suffer a short unhappy life as the plug is pulled. Too much shock to the system. They will curl up and die because they have lived their entire lives being told what to do.

5. VisuTrac

Not signed.
    goes into committee for reconsilliation with the house bill (hr1540)

then there are 3 chances to back away from this Godawfull mess.
    Senate votes
    House vote
    President vetoes.

Zero said he'd not sign it. (liar it is going to give the power of the president unpresedented power so he'll sign it)

Odd of it being signed 95% in my book.

the other 5% would be that enough elected critters got a clue. but that might be a real big stretch.

6. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

The day 'they' try to take our guns and collar us, is the day we begin playing "Cowboys & Politicians". And we will NOT put them on a reservation this time around...... [beat]

7. VisuTrac

It's not the politicians, we can easily dispense with them by revoking their power to represent us.

It's the puppet masters, big business, global cartels et al. That are the true issue.

Once the politcos are enjoined to the fate of sheeple, it will be the puppet masters and their minions of mercenaries that will be drawn out from behind the curtain, the sheeple will cower, the patroits will align and then the war begins.

Heaven Help us all.

8. limpingbear

What if obummer doesnt sign it? What if it passes the house and senate and ends up on this desk but then just sits there. Say he doesnt sign it but doesnt veto it either. does it become law by default or does it die? its been about 16 years since high school, im a bit rusty on some things...

9. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

Soooo who decides what is more than a 7 day supply of food? I mean even many non-preppers keep a side of beef in the deep freeze.

10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

It dies. "Pocket veto" if it isn't signed (at least by the end of the session.)

11. Pyrrhus

Pyrrhus Monkey+++

That would be a pocket veto. The Constitution allows a president 10 days (excluding Sundays) to either or veto a bill. After that, it is de facto vetoed.

Answer given, now for remonstration. Read your dang Constitution. It really doesn't take that long--I do it every January. You will be a freaking Constitutional scholar compared to most if you just sit down and read it through.

strunk, Sapper John and Falcon15 like this.
  12. VisuTrac

I think there is a 10 day window.

If he does not sign the bill or veto the bill with in 10 days it automatically becomes law.

But if the congress adjourns or it's the end of the legislative session, during this 10 day window i believe it's a pocket veto then. IIRC.

13. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Sign it like John Handcock mr. president, you kenyan whelp, because it will put your name at the top of the list. Time for you to go home to Africa is long overdue!

14. wrc223

wrc223 Monkey+

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

15. VisuTrac

That's why legislation at the end of a legislative session is so tenious.
    If it's within the 10 day window, bills passed by both houses of congress and die with the president doing absolutely nothing.

16. limpingbear

its a defence appropriations bill right? doesnt that mean that he pretty much has to sign it?
    dog i hate politics!

17. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

Wish they all would do nothing

18. VisuTrac

yes it is the NDA.

He doesn't have to sign it. Congress critters could put in for emergency spending measures at last years appropriation rate until they come up with an acceptable bill.

OR

It could die in committee but that's not going to happen due to the bills authors being on said committee.

19. limpingbear

apearently, ive read it a hell of a lot more than Mccain and a lot of other congress critters, because i can tell that this crap bill is so unconstitutional that its authors should be tried for treason....

20. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

What it is they already have the sheeple depending on Big Brother as the knight charging in saving the day and want to try and force the rest of us to buy into that dream. Along with a few of the sheeple are starting to see things different and they are starting to worry that it will affect their plans.

larryinalabama likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7