Washington teen found alive

Discussion in 'Faith and Religion' started by Yard Dart, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

One of our fellow church members went missing the other day. Not sure of her mental condition, or what she had on her mind.... we were originally told she may be bouncing to CA to visit family.
    Anyways, she was found North of us in rugged country after 8 days in the woods.
    After a hell of a lot of praying by all, God brought her out to safety.
    Some day's... we need good new and the action of God watching over us!!!

[​IMG]

Washington teen found alive in woods after missing for 8 days, dubbed 'miracle'

techsar, Dunerunner, 3M-TA3 and 6 others like this.
  2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Evidently the men and women who were actually involved in the search and rescue effort, and effected the missing woman's safe recovery get no credit??? What of those lost whose search and rescue efforts had failed them, and the lost whose prayers were unanswered??? Does god deserve opprobium for failed rescues, as much as plaudits for successful ones???

I'm pleased that the young woman was saved, it is quite evident that the rescue was effected by human agency, in circumstances where the outcome could have been quite different, but to superimpose the notion of some divine guiding hand on effecting that successful rescue is unnecessary, except in so far as it gives comfort to to those who believe in the divine; however it begs the question of divine indifference or negligence in cases where the lost are not rescued successfully.

Mountainman and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Yer killin us Smalls...;)

4. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

You are really close Chello....really close!! [own2]

5. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

Some people are in for a rude awaking,or as my old daddy used to say”hell ain’t half full”
    [flag]

6. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Glad she is safe, no matter whether it was divine intervention or just dumb luck. A man has to believe in something or his existence is without meaning.

7. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Not very coherent means the same thing as incoherent, I think...

8. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

If she died out there would you be saying that god did that too. Don't think so.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    Gator 45/70 and Yard Dart like this.
  9. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

My GOD, lets me get myself into all kinds of stupid jams, predicaments, and situations, to teach me those lessons, that I need to learn... It has taken me 70+ years to understand his reasoning for teaching me this way, but I am finally getting the message... but I bare witness, that he does listen, when I need help, and ask for his comfort and guidance, and he does show me the “ Light at the end of the Tunnel” when I ask.. Now if I can only keep trekking toward that light....

10. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7