TOR We've Launched a Search for Our Next Executive Director

Discussion in 'TOR | TAILS' started by survivalmonkey, Feb 22, 2018.

1. survivalmonkey

survivalmonkey Monkey+++

We've Launched a Search for Our Next Executive Director
    [​IMG]
    steph February 22, 2018

The Tor Project, Inc., the developer of the world’s strongest privacy and anonymity tool, is looking for its next Executive Director. Shari Steele, our current Executive Director, is set to retire at the end of 2018.

After 15 years as the Executive Director of the Electronic Frontier Foundation, Shari was brought on in December 2015 to make the Tor Project more operationally sound. “I had intended to retire after my time with EFF, but I believed strongly in the Tor Project’s mission, and I felt I could help,” Shari said. “I look at the Tor Project organization today and feel quite confident that we’ve got the talent and the structure to continue to support the organization’s great work.”

Around 35 engineers and operational support people plus many volunteers all over the world contribute to the Tor Project. Successful candidates for the Executive Director position will have a global perspective on privacy and censorship issues and be able to lead the diverse and distributed organization into its next phase of growth and sustainability.

Potential candidates can learn more about the position at the job page.

About the Tor Project

The Tor Project is a US 501(c)(3) non-profit organization advancing human rights and freedoms by creating and deploying free and open source anonymity and privacy technologies, supporting their unrestricted availability and use, and furthering their scientific and popular understanding. For more information, contact Steph Whited at steph at torproject.org.

Continue reading...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7