What breed Dog did I find?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by melbo, Jul 29, 2006.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Found in the middle of the Hioghway. Going to run an ad for him in the paper.

What is He?
    DSC01075.JPG

2. melbo

2 more pics:
    DSC01073.JPG DSC01074.JPG

3. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Looks like he's got some dobie blood - but the broader furry muzzle indicates maybe some Husky added in

4. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Have the Dew Claws been removed, looks like it, if so Black and Tan Hunting Dog

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Coon hound, meaning mixed. [dunno]

6. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Yea there are Yellows Black and Tans , Reds.
    If not then I say RH is on the Money with the Doberman or ROtt mix with a Shepard or something.

7. melbo

Well. She's a Lover. Still has puppy breath. I am trying to thin the herd here really. BuI may have to think about keeping this one.

8. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Rottweiler-hound mix....see the two brown spots over the eyes......rottie trait....body looks more hound.

9. fuzzy

fuzzy Monkey+++

[dunno] almost looks like the one thats piled up on my bed right now. but she's spoiled.lol:D

10. BigO01

BigO01 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Looks like 100% watch dog to me , after several months of love and attention from the family that is .

11. melbo

After 2 days.... I just might keep her.

12. poacher

poacher Monkey+++ Founding Member

Melbo

The coat and tail almost look like there might be some Lab blood in her but hell who cares. If she is good with the family gets along well with the other one? and is intelligent keep her. Take her out hunting and see what she does. If she picks up on what you want to hunt then so much the better, at that point she becomes an asset to the family when she can point game.

My first lab didn't point game or retrieve well but he was a helluva watch dog and protector. That makes all the difference sometimes.
    Take care Be safe Poacher.

13. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

What the heck, another animal for the melbo zoo. 10 cats, 3 dogs, and no mice.

14. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

I'd say you've probably got several generations worth of mixing going on there.

Rottie probably is part of it, some coonhound is quite possible though. Regardless, I think you'll have a good one there with a little tlc.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7