What I’m Thinking….

Discussion in 'Tin Foil Hat Lounge' started by MarkTwain, Mar 10, 2023.

Tags:
  1. MarkTwain

MarkTwain Monkey

In this life, possibilities are limitless. Outcomes are not predetermined. Your lot in life is literally what you make it.

MT

2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Whiteys fault, you loose

3. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

They say, "it's all about one's connections.
    To some degree it's true, People not connected do not tend to be very successful, on the other hand the wrong connections can land you in jail.
    We can choose our influences in life, and these influences can make us or break us.
    If you hang around people that abuse them selves, it is quite likely that you too will suffer stupid injuries as well.
    It is important to decide early in life what your priorities are, because the past will not leave you alone especially if you had gained some success.
    Early in life I did not value wealth or fame but my standing with God. Why? Because in the long run He makes all the difference both now and eternally. I choose His influence over that of men because He is always right.
    I don't need the wealth men value, God sees to all my needs in every way.
    I don't need the power men seek, I have seen Gods intervention, and lead through some very complex events, no one else could have for-seen.
    God will not influence a man's life, nor intervene in his circumstances, that does not want His influence.

mechstdr, MarkTwain, jim2 and 4 others like this.
  4. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

@arleigh "God will not influence a man's life, nor intervene in his circumstances, that does not want His influence."
    I agree, completely. I find people that run around saying crap like "God's will be done" or "God will find a way" shows their own stupidity and their lack of faith and knowledge concerning God but it makes them sound so very pious. Bah!

God does influence us, our lives, but how we live our lives and the decisions we make are all on our shoulders. Frankly, I believe that is the true purpose of the bible is to give us examples and assistance on how to live a good life, a moral and honest life. Sure, it was written by man, so it is flawed, and it has been changed numerous times over the centuries and much has been deleted and lost even due to translation but the basis of its stories are still clear.

I believe that 'God helps those that help themselves' by giving moral and spiritual strength to move that boulder that's in the road of your life. He doesn't move it for you - he could - but doesn't. Why? We are all children in his eyes, and we must learn through struggle and effort, through trial. Children do not learn by having things given to them or done for them, if so, then they would see this as the solution to all the problems of their life. (Note: we now call these people 'Snowflakes' LOL!)

I also get annoyed when people blame God for the bad things in their life like the death of a loved one or question why He didn't help during their sickness or tragedy. God seldom gets involved simply because he has given us the option of eternal life, a much superior life than what we live now. To Him, your loved one is not dead but alive, truly alive in mind, body and spirit, not just existing as we do now.

Anyway, I grew up hating and being hated, yet somehow, I made it and I am sure it's due to Him. He was the only one that gave a damn if I lived or died, cold or warm, hungry or fed, no one else was there. God has been with me since I was a child, and I am sure without him I would either be imprisoned, dead or worse.

"God will not influence a man's life, nor intervene in his circumstances, that does not want His influence."
    So, yes, he puts it out there, but it is up to us to act and act by living our lives morally and spiritually in accordance with His examples and laws. Usually this is nothing more than common decency and respect for your fellow man.

Some morning thoughts...

Last edited: Mar 10, 2023
    mechstdr, MarkTwain, jim2 and 3 others like this.
  5. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

We have much to learn, and I believe it is best to be learning it all From Him.

mechstdr, Alanaana, MarkTwain and 2 others like this.
  6. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Sounds like one of my favorite hymns , "BE THOU MY VISION".

mechstdr, Alanaana, MarkTwain and 2 others like this.
  7. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey++

I like the way you think. I try to remind myself that you can see the dirt or the flowers or both.

mechstdr, Bandit99, MarkTwain and 4 others like this.
  8. MarkTwain

MarkTwain Monkey

Belief is the dim illumination shining from the distant end of a maze of tunnels. Other branches you might pass are dark and forbidding but entice you with their illusions.

Faith encourages you to Stay the path.

MT

mechstdr, Seawolf1090 and Alanaana like this.
  9. percival

percival Monkey

Everything depends on power, or energy. Some are born with more than others. Regardless, shit happens, and it's not a race or a competition.

1. RightHand
  2. Brokor
  3. Ganado
  4. Yard Dart
  5. Yard Dart
  6. Yard Dart
  7. Brokor
  8. Brokor
  9. melbo
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7