What I do as a Gun Owner!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HK_User, Sep 14, 2019.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

One of my "service jobs is that of raising beef cattle for the Auction Barn.

To manage that task I purchase Hay from a Hay Farmer. He provides a service, raising good hay, I no longer am able to do and I thank him for that.

I also must protect my property and herd, pay my taxes, purchase high protein sacked feed from another local seller, in short I am part of the food chain that provides food to the general population.

To do my self described public service I must be able to protect all parts of this "chain" of food production. From coyotes, rustlers, thieves in general and the often wayward fool who thinks I am a easy target for a stolen bit of farm equipment for a source of money for their next drug buy.

Now would someone please tell me why snow flakes want to remove my source of protection which protects the food they purchase at the Store?

Ohhh the Cat in the picture, well he protects the hay from losses from Mice and Rats and I protect the cat from, skunks, opossum, raccoon and Yotes.

Yes I need tools to do my job of raising food and those tools include Guns.

DSCF5055.JPG
    Working late to unload Hay.

DSCF5061.JPG
    Another load of the 40 needed to feed all winter.

DSCF5064.JPG
    Guard cat hard at work, after all a snack is often his pay for killing rats and mice.

DSCF5072.JPG 40 rolls in the lay down area protected by Cameras, Cats, and Me.

Meat, Mountainman, GOG and 4 others like this.
  2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I suspect that the current crop of democratic candidates that want you to give up your means of defense would argue in favor of hiring sentries and paying for it yourself. Unless, of course, you can figure out a way to get dot gov to issue you an annual grant to cover the payroll. Hm.
    Yes, I am that cynical.

Meat, GOG, Gator 45/70 and 4 others like this.
  3. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

My vetting of "security" would surly find the applicants wanting. Daily P test would soon be considered raciest, genderiest, or some other kind of iest and I would find my self and cattle homeless and replaced by a crew of Meth Heads.

Meat, GOG and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. Sir, everyone knows that food comes from the grocery store (duh). After all, this isn't ancient times like 1970! And besides, meat is murder, those poor little cows are sentinent beings that have feelings and you want to kill them to EAT THEM? I can't believe you would deny people access to your "equipment" to prevent them the means and ability to purchase the much needed (and life sustaining/altering) recreational pharmaceuticals. I'm so upset, I'm going to have to fix my man bun and drink my soy latte frappacunio.

Sorry, I can't keep it up. A very good friend of mine raises beef cattle and I have helped stand guard on Halloween to make sure no one would burn his barn down. Kids in his AO would go around on Halloween and start barn fires for "fun", never thinking about the cost of feed, the barn, livestock and or equipment in the barn. A shotgun with a light or an AR with a light did wonders. But give the politicians the chance and you will lose the ability to protect livestock, property, and lives. Nice tractor btw.

Meat, GOG, Dont and 6 others like this.
  5. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

To paraphrase Marie, "Let 'em eat hay."

Meat, GOG, Gator 45/70 and 1 other person like this.
  6. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

We don't need meat any more. We have Pea based protein.
    The corporation will provide our sustenance.
    live stock farmers/ranchers will go to the re-education camp until properly reprogrammed.

Meat, GOG, Gator 45/70 and 2 others like this.
  7. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Soylent Green will provide all the Nutrition you need comrade. Do not complain. There is a death penalty or life in the gulag for protestors, complainers, resisters and terrorists.

As far as vetting workers go. Recently in trying to recruit 120 police officers in a NW USA City, only 1 in 20 could meet the screening tests. Good trustworthy clean honest workers can be a real PITA to find.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2019
    Meat, GOG, Oddcaliber and 6 others like this.
  8. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

No, no, no...First, they will say, "But, we don't want to take your means of defending yourself and livestock! We just want to take all your semi-automatic pistols and rifles to get them off the street and make life safer for all of us. You can keep your bolt-action, lever-action, and six-shooters revolvers..." Until they decide that you don't need them either and repeating until you are running around with nothing but a steak knife and maybe a pitchfork...if you're lucky.

Meat, GOG, Gator 45/70 and 1 other person like this.
  9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I saw that article, wish I could remember what jurisdiction it was. I do remember nearly barfing. IIRC, the qualification tests were both English comprehension and arithmetic.

10. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Portland Oregon

Meat, HK_User, ghrit and 1 other person like this.
  11. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

I'm old and I live in the mountains. There are dangerous animals here with the most active being mountain lions. We've had one or two prowling around for the last week or so.

Town's about twenty miles from here and some tweaker types occasionally make the trek to steal or worse and there's always a few d-bags locally as well.

Without the means of defense we're powerless and as men our duty is to defend ourselves and ours.

Meat, tacmotusn and HK_User like this.
  12. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

It's to the point where you can't leave the property alone or stuff walks away.

GOG, Meat, tacmotusn and 2 others like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7