What is the Definition of Free?

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Seacowboys, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

How do you define Freedom and how is it working out in real life?
    [​IMG]

2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Free of regulation or restriction of thought, choice or action. Doesn't work out too well in today's world.

OldDude49, techsar and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. Seacowboys

I have been allowed to make many choices in my life as long as they didn't interfere with anyone's political agenda and taxes were paid on it.
    I have special permission to own several weapons like the ones used to police me but I had to jump through hoops and pay special taxes for that and if I am suspected of violating the terms of that permission, then I get a 3:00 visit from ninjas and a visit to club fed, all expense paid. When I was a kid, we often spoke about the nice nigger man that brought us rabbits to play with or the sweet old nigger woman that helped with the laundry but we didn't think we were being derogatory. If we wanted to disparage and use racial slurs, it was Jungle Bunny, Coon, Spade, nigger was just a colloquial word for negro and no harm was meant. We played Cowboys and Indians and I always wanted to be an Indian because the Indians were cool. I never thought about playing Cowboys and Native Americans. Bugs Bunny sticking his finger into Elmer's shotgun barrel didn't seem nearly as violent as some of the video shooter games kids play today, I just watched a six year old decimate an entire block with a mini-gun in graphic detail. We've rewritten history and changed the definitions of so many words to suit the PC,.

msscarlet, oldawg, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

You're as free as you want to be as long as you don't post it on social media, Then you're caught that way !

techsar likes this.
  5. Seacowboys

Being free is not something you can be caught doing, it either is or ain't.

6. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

I have to agree, I read Aleksander Solzhenitsyn years ago. In his writings, he always harped about how he and his fellow Gulag prisoners yearned to be released from the camps and returned to “Freedom”. Will someone please try and explain how living under Stalin’s iron fist and the Soviet Union was freedom.

7. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

In a case like that, it depends on the benchmark...by comparison, anywhere other than the gulag was free.

8. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

There are three forms of freedom.

Physical freedom is the freedom to travel, move about, and not be forced to labor for another in order to survive. Do we have this?

Mental freedom is the freedom to think that 1 + 1 = 2. Reason and logic is paramount. I am not talking about the freedom of people to be crazy but the freedom for people who can see truth being able to speak it. As simple as that sounds we do not have that in your typical American household, school, job, media, etc. Turn off the TV.

Spiritual freedom is the right to worship your deity in any way you see fit so long as it does not violate another's right to their own personal property and freedom. Spiritual freedom is in the First Amendment because all of western law is based on the rule of God in the Bible. You swear on the Bible in court, the nation is founded under God, its everywhere. When you subvert that with statutory law, which is the rule of man pretending to be God's law you are not spiritually free. America has law and statute both. People don't see how these two different types of rules are in opposition to each other. One is freedom and one is slavery.

Evil? My definition of evil is the controlling of another's life up to and including their death. Yeah there is a LOT of evil in our world. The common people do not have any clue as to what they have given away when they go to work, pay taxes, follow someone else's rules, and live in ignorance.

9. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Come on man, You know the deal, It's always been legal until you're caught, Then it's illegal

techsar and enloopious like this.
  10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

No... You ALWAYS have your Creator Given Free Agency... However you must bear all the consequences that comes with excersizing that Free Agency, as they come your way... It all comes down to PERSONAL Choices...

11. Seacowboys

It just appears that most of what we are selling today for Freedom is nothing more than house-slave perks.

msscarlet, oldawg, techsar and 3 others like this.
  12. Steverino

Steverino #LEAVETHEGOP

Freedom simply exists... like air, it's not a manmade construct.

<-------------- this guy, has ENORMOUS freedom between his ears.... It's literally cavernous in there...

13. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

With freedom comes responsibility.

VisuTrac likes this.
  14. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Freedom is dangerous. That's why it's only available when you dream.
    When you are awake, it comes with some government/societal conditions and it's been asterisked as in
    92800381_10158468052670039_5402432906855448576_n.

15. JrOrtiz

JrOrtiz Monkey

It relative to what your used to. Russians have never known true freedom as we know it, or used to. While the average Russian was a serf and the boyers their master, here at the same time the average person could literally find a nice place and call it their own.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7