What Made You Happy Today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 3M-TA3, Apr 30, 2018.

1. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

The title says it all - even on the crappiest day there is usually a little sunshine.

Here is my list for today:
    • A good friend who is a recovering addict got her first job after choosing sobriety about 8 months ago and entering an intensive treatment program.
    • I found 400 rounds of ammunition I had forgotten about

What helped to make your day today?

2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Congratulations to your friend. I am proud of her because kicking addiction is hard. sincerely hope she succeeds.

What has made me happy today? It has been a Monday after quite the weekend. The happiest thing that happened today is receiving a note from my friend. I gave her a bouquet of flowers on Friday for her Birthday. Today she sent me a picture of the flowers and told me how much she like the gift. I made my friend happy and that makes me happy.

3. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Went to town made four stops arrived home safely.

4. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

I was able to help a woman who works for a friend, here in town. She has a small notebook that began having problems. I was able to install a fresh licensed copy of Windows 10 Pro on it. (I didn't tell her I paid for a license. I didn't want her to feel bad, or obligated to me.) Anyway, I took the computer back to her today. She was as happy as a child on Christmas morning. It makes me feel good, to help others when, and where I can.

5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Kenwood Service finally shipped my TS-480SAT back after a Refurbishing.... Only issue is they sent it to my Daughters Place in Austin Tx, instead of Alaska... Oh well it will be there a week from Wed, on the Mail Plane...

6. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Packed my bags for trip tomorrow after work will be off until Tuesday of next week.

7. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

Had dinner with my two granddaughters life is good

8. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

Beef jerky from Buc'ees!

sarawolf, DKR, Gator 45/70 and 5 others like this.
  9. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I woke up, and even better, was on the right side of the dirt, yup, that's a good thing, one more day!!!

10. ochit

ochit Monkey+

I not dead, hungover or in jail, it's still early yet we'll see what happens as the day progresses.

sarawolf, Radishman, Ura-Ki and 5 others like this.
  11. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

It's my Friday.

The rest of the week I will be hosting a group of paratroopers at the house for beer, guns, BBQ, and BSing

Ganado, Tully Mars, sarawolf and 6 others like this.
  12. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

monday.

Ganado, Tully Mars, Bandit99 and 5 others like this.
  13. Radishman

Radishman Monkey+

There's a cup of coffee in front of me, and I dug in the dirt a little today.

Ganado, sarawolf, Bandit99 and 4 others like this.
  14. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

I only work 3 days a week out of the house. ("Lucky" me, it only took 38 years to get here)

At my work desk, I have a photo of the two youngest of my Grand-daughters. They are playing in a field of Texas Bluebells. That makes me smile every time every time I look at them..

As far as happy - that, I believe, is a frame of mind.

Zimmy, Ganado, Ura-Ki and 5 others like this.
  15. sarawolf

sarawolf Monkey+++

My husband got the pastures all bush hogged and the sun just came out after 2 days of rain. I have leftovers in the fridge for supper so no real cooking tonight. Plus I was able to do some sewing today and take a nap. :)

Zimmy, Ganado, T. Riley and 5 others like this.
  16. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Treated myself to a Coney Island from Roake's. They have been in business making everything hot dog and hamburger related on McLoughlin Blvd in Gladstone since about 1940. It started out as a trailer on the side of the road that gradually became a building. You can see the back of the original trailer as it curves under the awning. It's changed hands I believe only once in all that time, and the Coney I had tonight is almost exactly the same as the first one I had over 50 years ago. One of the few places I will miss when I evacuate Nutlandia.
    [​IMG]

Zimmy, Ganado, Ura-Ki and 4 others like this.
  17. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I picked up a half gallon of Blue Bell chocolate ice-cream today....Wife hasn't found it...yet !!!

Zimmy, Ganado, techsar and 5 others like this.
  18. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Nothing makes me happy, I just am satisfied with the quality of life. My boots are made from a kangaroo, my hat from a beaver, my holster from a cobra and the grips on my 1911 used to dig walnuts for an elephant. I got gold in my teeth and carbon steel in my pocket, my dog knows when I am coming home without being told. I have a guitar that belonged to Guy Clark and another one that belonged to Garth Brooks, I out-lived Guy and I can play better than Garth. I have a wonderful family and some of the best friends a man can have. I laugh some days and others, not so much but that doesn't take away the satisfaction. Am I happy? Yeah, I suppose so.

19. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

As dark is the absence of light, so then happiness is the absence of sadness. Most folks bumble along day by day with the highs and lows in balance, to say a neutral existance. Be wary of extreme highs, because they WILL be balanced by extreme lows.

Zimmy, Ura-Ki, 3M-TA3 and 1 other person like this.
  20. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

The doc told me today that I don't have the flu.....just a bad cold. Guess I am happy the flu passed me by. ;)

Zimmy, Ganado, HK_User and 3 others like this.
  1. Motomom34
  2. Andy the Aussie
  3. runswithdogs
  4. Meat
  5. Yard Dart
  6. Motomom34
  7. Bishop
    [img] [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Feb 7, 2019, 6 replies, in forum: Back to Basics
  8. Motomom34
  9. Thunder5Ranch
  10. Asia-Off-Grid