What's in YOUR cupboard? (Lead and Cadmium warning)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tracy, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Got any "character" (movie or superhero) glasses in your cupboard? I would suggest not using them. The toxins (Lead, Cadmium) contained in the paint can leach onto hands - most worriedly young hands - and be ingested.

You know I'm a kid-protector, so I thought this information worthy of passing along to you. Some excerpts from the [long] article are below.

On a side-note: I'll also use this as an opportunity to reiterated the importance of looking out for lead-based paint. Some results that have crossed my desk have been as high as over 100,000 ppm (Yikes!). One of the reasons Lead is so mouth-worthy for kids is that it tastes sweet (interesting tidbit you pick up when working at a lab).

source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101122/ap_on_he_me/us_cadmium_lead_glassware

2. Disciple

Disciple Monkey+

My oldest daughter works in management at a local McDonalds and they were getting tons of the Shrek glasses back last year due to lead based paint...... any glass product from these fast food restaurants comes from China. In china they are allowed by the govt to use lead-based paint. so due yourselves a favor.......jr may love drinking out of those thing but just smash them into a million bits, get rid of them.

3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS!?! I DRANK FROM SUPERMAN GLASSES MY WHOLE YOUTH!!! OH MAN WHAT HAVE I DONE?

WHAT HAVE I DONE??!!?!

4. Disciple

Disciple Monkey+

Don't worry about that I did that to but you and I are old enough that we missed the glass thing moved to china............

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7