What's the deal with HR2751 against Home Grow Food!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Total Supply, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Total Supply

Total Supply Monkey+

I'm new to this form but maybe someone can explain this to me. I have been confused about this bill that was pasted HR 2751 (S210) that states It would preclude the public’s right to grow, own, trade, transport, share, feed and eat each and every food that nature makes. What's the deal? They want to make it illegal to even to poses seeds.

2. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Monkey++

3. grunt351

grunt351 Monkey+

I just saw Heirloom seeds at Big-R and Yokes.

4. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

It's a power over you thingy!
    More power=Less freedoms!

5. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

"Control the food, control the people!"

6. Catullus

Catullus Monkey+++

Advocates will say that it does not apply to small, grown your own food operations. "They" will say that it is ridiculous to think that the government would outlaw gardening your own Heirlooms amongst other things.

Reality says that for a while they are not going to do anything with this law. It's on the books now. They are just going to slowly tighten the noose over the next 25 years or so. This law will become a big deal for our children I believe.

7. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Monkey++

Catullus> They've already begun going after seed saving machines. Look online and save any page you find from a local newspaper because they go *poof* pretty fast. When combined with the Executive Orders that have been signed, I don't see where they need to do much other than sit back and go for it when they deem it appropriate to do so.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7