When a Picture really is worth a 1000 words.

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by HK_User, Oct 8, 2017.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Dublin, Texas Pride! Feel free to share!

[​IMG]

2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Nice to see the spirit and doing what football teams should do. I bet the crowd cheered them

Dunerunner, HK_User and oldawg like this.
  3. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

It seems that the NFL is having some PR issues. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of ungrateful bastards. I'd love to see it go away along with the multi million dollar salaries.

4. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

If the NFL went under and all those overpaid SOB's lost thier jobs , it would somehow get turned around to be a racist move from white America .

5. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Sass and I went to watch a game at her old high school the other night. This is getting to be a regular thing as several of her former classmates now have grand kids playing or in the band,etc. They come busting out just like everywhere else in America on a Friday night and after announcing the starting players, they play the National Anthem. The announcer doesn't have to ask you to remove your hats and stand, everyone stops talking and turns to face the flag at the end of the field standing and placing their hands over their hearts. Many sing as the anthem is played by both the home and visiting bands. They stop play at sunset and play taps as the flag is brought down and folded by a couple of local vets and the game resumes.

Small town USA in fly over country...

DKR, Tempstar, arleigh and 14 others like this.
  6. duane

duane Monkey+++

Best friend is a 90 year old WWII Marine vet with combat time in the Pacific and a great NE Patriots fan, asked how the last game went, said he didn't know, he turned it off during the National Anthem when some of them knelt and never turned it back on. Yes I think that they do have a problem and I don't think they can find a spin on it to get thru it either. I didn't watch the game either but I never have been a great fan.

Tully Mars and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

The NFl and ESPN have been bleeding subscribers for more than a couple of years.

Folks are willing to pay (sometimes too much) for some entertainment.

Folks are not willing to pay to be preached to, talked down to and be called a racist (etc, etc)

And the NFL and TeeVee folks sound surprised at the loss of fan base... You just can't 'diss' your fan base and expect to continue.

Gator 45/70, Tempstar and Tully Mars like this.
  8. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

For me this says more about why we stand and honor then most anything else...

0af2349e724799a0dd700fc9ccf1a2d5.

so when they dishonor people like this... I stop being any part thereof...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7