Who thinks they may have had COVID19?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by HK_User, Apr 20, 2020.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

I'll start with my self.

Four weeks back I had a really bad night, sweets, etc, awoke to a bad case of DIZZY. This lasted for 48 hours and a foggyness lasted for days.
    Took my temp and O2 sat reading. Temp was near perfect as was O2 sat.

Had been taking a full immune regime of vitamins for months, stayed hydrated and inside.

Possible flue except I hit the lotto on the injection with the heaviest dose and both types in my area, also had the 2nd pneumonia injection and do not have any lung problems or kidney problems.

You would think they (the nefarious .gov/they) would be looking for my type for testing.

Each day is better and soon I may actually be able to do a couple days of real outside work.

NEXT!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
    Gator 45/70 and sec_monkey like this.
  2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

New studies are showing way more people have had it then what we think.
    Up to 4% on the west coast and some where around 30% in massholechusetts.

NM is too hostile towards cold viruses I don't think it can survive here. Too much heat, too much UV, few cloudy days.

Gator 45/70, sec_monkey and HK_User like this.
  3. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Given the fact that my wife and youngest have had 7/10 symptoms but nothing life threatening (some overlap of symptoms, but not a perfect match between them) about a week apart, I'm pretty confident we've had it in the house. That said, I have had a headache for a couple of days at most.
    No fever, sweats, trouble breathing, cough, loss of taste or smell, weakness...nothing.

So, my bet? We've had it in the house (and in close proximity for weeks), and my son and I were asymptomatic and have gotten through it. Would LOVE to have an antibody test available.

Zimmy, Gator 45/70, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  4. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I am positive I've had it, seven weeks of torture.
    I should get a T-shirt that says "I had Covid and survived" given how lethal the media portrays it to be.
    The same weak & old people die from this as they do any other pneumatic flu.
    Difference is, even though this one didn't hit my system as bad as last year's did, I nearly blacked out many times coughing and had quite a few panic attacks when I couldn't breathe. So, yeah this Covid virus is quite a bit more serious, just in a different way. I think I got lucky because (A) I had no clue this was Covid since it was early on in Feb when I was sick, and (B) I took a constant dose of Mucinex DM from the start, slept for 4 days when I was first feeling symptoms.

Zimmy, Ganado, Gator 45/70 and 3 others like this.
  5. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

think my family was exposed been havin some symptoms for awhile now... nothing serious as of yet... could also be allergies so?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Do you mean in the biblical sense?

HK_User and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. sdr

sdr Monkey++

About 3 or 4 weeks ago I also woke up in the middle of the night with a pretty good case of the sweats. Felt fine in the morning.

Makes me wonder.

In my job I am exposed to a lot of crap from filthy homes. My immune system must be pretty good. Hardly ever get a cold and can only remember getting the flu 2 times in my life. No, I don't get the shot.

Still, I do wonder what that was a few weeks back.

Brokor, Gator 45/70 and HK_User like this.
  8. TinyDreams

TinyDreams Monkey++

I did have a persistent dry cough back in February. Thought it was an ear infection since I tend to get those a lot, the doc said it wasn’t though-said it was viral. However the coughs lasted for WEEKS (about 4) even after the slight fever went away. I finally bought some cough drops (didn’t help) and garlic bread from dominos (for some reason I was craving garlic) and the garlic bread got rid of the coughing.

The coughing was terrible, I was coughing until I was wheezing from lack of air. I had no option to not cough.

Green tea + local honey did nothing for the coughs.

Zimmy, Gator 45/70 and HK_User like this.
  9. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

talking to an Emergency Dr the other day, one of those that hops from hospital to hospital during crisis mode. He told me same thing... He had it in December, I had it in January and he said its been around a lot longer than TPTB are letting on.

again, the issue is how rapidly it spread, not the death toll.

so for the future does this mean we all will have to wear masks in public?

ahh the changes in the world.

3 years ago when i 1st saw pictures of Asians wearing masks i thought 'that's kind of paranoid' now im not so sure. This virus while not deadly to most of us certainly did make me take a look at being at public venues.

Zimmy, Gator 45/70 and HK_User like this.
  10. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

Suspect dh & myself may have had it around the end of Feb.
    Neither of us have been sick for years but he spent about a week with a persistent headache (hes not prone to headaches) and around the same time, I woke up in the middle of the night drenched in sweat. Went back to sleep and felt fine when I woke up so didn't really think much of it at the time. We have a lot of clients that work off shore or travel abroad for work (or have spouses that do) so its very likely we could have picked it up from one of them.

Gator 45/70, Ganado and HK_User like this.
  11. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Just as I suspected, the test kits at the local hospital are junk.
    When people who were negative got worse, then got sent to Lubbock or Amarillo then tested positive it makes you wonder.

Cruisin Sloth, Gator 45/70 and Ganado like this.
  12. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

I kinda have 4 groups of different pilot areas and family's.
    Base , Commercial Heavy, Private & Rotary ,All preppers , So Im sure I have had it back in Feb ..
    And we / I do a night of Pizza and beer (or non booze ) for the adults and one 8 yo girl in wheel chair ( Buddy would need a 300$ nurse to sit for 4 hrs with the girl ) .No biggy she falls asleep at 8-9pm because we old pharts are boring ..

Sloth

Zimmy and Gator 45/70 like this.
  13. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

I got gawdawful sick the last week of January and the first week of February and missed 6 days of work. I was coughing, had low fever, and general malaise. I spent the first 5 sick days on water, emergence C powder, BC powder and Nyquil. I find fasting and sleep work wonders.

None of the nausea, chills, aches, or diarrhea that the flu usually gives me though.

Maybe I did catch COVID. I'll get checked when the tests for antibodies gets the bugs worked out.

I can say I work in the COVID wards at the hospital every day without catching it but that doesn't mean much. We haven't had any hospital staff working with patients catch it either.

Gator 45/70 and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  14. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Same as I have seen ^^^
    Im not a med , but inspector for our Base Hospital ,, from the base .
    I dress down , and keep things light and laugh lots !!
    Id post my rides , but then Id be known !!
    S

Zimmy likes this.
  15. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

Same here. I'm inspecting, not treating.

Cruisin Sloth likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7