Why did Lara Logan say this...what does it mean?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bandit99, Aug 28, 2021.

1. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

"The US government is preparing to recognize the Taliban as the legitimate rulers of Afghanistan. The Taliban is run by al Qaeda terrorists like Siraj Haqqani and many others. Ask yourself why on the 20th Anniversary of 9/11 – the United States government is giving those responsible for the worst terrorist attack on this nation in it’s history, power, legitimacy, strategic weight, global recognition, weapons, advanced military equipment and millions of dollars, including your tax dollars."

Ever since old OldDude49 posted Lara Logan's Facebook rant, the above has been like a sliver in my mind. What exactly does she mean by this? After lots of hours, I am starting to come to a conclusion and will post it later but thought I would get everyone's opinion first. So, what do you think? Why did Lara Logan say this and what did she mean by it? BTW with this rant she not only renewed my faith in 'some' journalists but she became one of my most favorite people in the world.

SB21, GOG and Ura-Ki like this.
  2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Well the United States did kill all the higher ups several times over.
    You actually can work with the talaban if they know there is a drone over head with missles locked on to them. Then they can be quite reasonable.

GOG and Ura-Ki like this.
  3. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

It takes the right leader, and the combination of Biden and General Millie Vanilli ain't it. As you said, they only respect force and consistency. Trump, for all his faults, scared them sheitless. The only tool we have left is the bitter feud between the Taliban and ISIS-K. At this point we need to 1) get rid of Biden 2) get the right person to give Harris her orders 3) Replace Millie with a real general (if any are left. If not then exhume Schwartzkopf and find Dr. Frankenstein. Schwartzkopf with neck bolts would be unstoppable.) and 5) tell the Taliban we will back them as an ally against ISIS-K and take no other action inside Afghanistan.

Good article in ISIS-K and the difference between them, ISIS/ISIL and the Taliban:
    Who are Isis-K and how are they different to Isis?

GOG, Ura-Ki and hot diggity like this.
  4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Yup, worthy leadership starts in the White House, something the Dems have risked their futures on, and failed utterally! The whole world is laughing at us, and soon it will be more then laughing! We do still have good military leadership, but those worth having lead, are 1) unwilling, and 2) best kept in their current assigned tasking! I know of at least 3 Admirals who would rock the world, one very senior Captain, and a couple of Air force Generals who take nothing from anyone! As far as Army or Marines, don't really know of any worthy of that duty, but I'm sure we could find a few! Point is, what we have now is a frickin joke across the board and all our troops know it, several have already spoken out, a few shit canned over it!

I do know an Admiral I would love to see take the helm, he is a no shit serious dude who commands respec and has most certainly earned it, his command would suffer, but the nation is in great need! I asked him what would change if he were tapped, and he just smiled and told me, EVERY THING!

5. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

This is a betrayal of historic proportions. Truly callous and despicable.

OldDude49 and 3M-TA3 like this.
  6. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I do think it's very ominous that all recent photos of the Taliban show them carrying new M4's...I wonder if they got the new military grade Night Vision gear to go along with them too. Probably. Tell me that won't come back to haunt us...

Anyway, I tried and failed to confirm that Lara Logan indeed wrote that article; nevertheless, whether she did or did not, it does capture this historical event perfectly.

But, words like '20th Anniversary of 9/11' and 'legitimacy' still bother me severely. This will go down in the history books not so much as a loss of Afghanistan but as a defeat of American ideology itself and will cost us in the future, even the near future.

GOG likes this.
  7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Not so much as a “Defeat of American Ideology” but as a defeat of the “ Nation Building Ideology” …This is, and was, a flawed concept, from the Get-Go, and NOT Just in Afghanistan… Why do you think these radical Fundamentalist Muslims and other Fundamentalists, want to keep women and girls locked up and uneducated??? It is Power & Control… Nothing more and nothing less…. Letting women get educated and free to express themselves, and their whole cultural regime collapses around their Male Ears..

Minuteman, SB21, mysterymet and 2 others like this.
  8. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

Lara Logan has bigger balls than many, many of our top generals.

9. nkawtg

nkawtg Monkey+++

I agree, you can't take a 3rd world shithole of a country run by feudal and tribal leaders to suddenly become a democratic society.

SB21, Capt. Tyree and GOG like this.
  10. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Obama pretty much purged all the Generals, Admirals and high ranking offices who has balls. That;s why the ones that are left are more interested in social justice than having an effective military.

OldDude49, SB21 and Capt. Tyree like this.
  11. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

Zippy and sleepy joe should be tried for treason.

SB21 and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  12. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

The whole world has seen the proof of his treason,,,, why waste the time with the trial ??

13. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

OBedumb and company have already started negotiations with the Taliban,, has already considered them the new government of Afghanistan . Afghanistan is already demanding he reopen our Embassy over there,, knowing,, with an embassy there ,, they will be able to continue to extort money from us .
    I'm no political genius,,, but I can see stupidity.

14. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Did you see where the Taliban have asked the UN to come help them cleat their own Mine Fields that they themselves laid… Screw that, let them blow themselves up, fixing their own BS…

mysterymet and Minuteman like this.
  15. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

Setting a charge next to a mine can explode it by sympathetic detonation, therefor I suggest that several well placed nukes should take care of the situation. S/o

SB21, oldawg, Tempstar and 2 others like this.
  16. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

this is interesting if true...

5427b46ff17b7ad1.

GOG likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7