Why do you need to go through my stuff?

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Big Ron, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

I am considering moving and am remembering all the times I have seen Uhaul trucks contents laying on the side of the road while the cops search the vehicle.
    Else than my guns and ammo I really don't carry anything of great interest.Household goods and tools and such. I would prefer to lock my vehicle up tight so people can't steal my stuff while I am sleeping at a hotel. I figure maybe getting one of my kids to stay up and keep an eye out at night while I sleep since they sleep while I drive anyhow.
    I can picture myself arguing with the cops that its all just my personal stuff and to let me be on my way.
    I am looking for ideas on dealing with this scenario if it happens.

2. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I've never seen a roadside search like that. Seems to me the probability is low unless they have probable cause, like speeding or unlawful lane changes, swerving, texting while driving,etc.

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Since you are a Private Party, and NOT subject to Interstate Commerce Commission Ruleds, I would put a Seal as well as a Lock on the Doors, and if ANYONE demanded access, they are REQUIRED to have a Specific Warrant, issued by a Court, to search your vehicle, even if it is Rented, without your Permission... I would then get a LAWDog, to go back to the ISSUING Court, and demand, to see the submissions, by the Searching Entity, when they Requested said Warrant, and if ANY of those Submissions were False, I would DEMAND that the Court, sanction said Searchers, to the Fullest Extent of the Law... Should it be determined that such submissions were flawed in any way, the. Court certainly will do so on your behalf... No Judge likes to be lied to, in Warrant Application, EVER...

Gator 45/70, 3cyl and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

Thats when they use they excuse of marijuana shake or (dirt) in your floorboard as a probable cause

Gator 45/70 and Ganado like this.
  5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Probuble Cause Requires ACTUAL Cause... Dirt on the FloorBoard, would NOT pass Constitutional Muster, in ANY Court of Law, by itself... If some Yahoo LEO TRIED TO PULL such a stunt on me, I would haul his A$$ into the Court of Jurasdiction, and make him articulate his Probuble Cause, and Demand he pay for my TIME he wasted, by detaining me, and then into the Federal District Court for Violating my 14th Ammendent Rights against unreasonable Search.... SCOTUS Precedent states Probuble Cause needs to be established conclusively, not just suspected, before a Warrantless Search of a Vehicle in Private Possession... and if they producded a Warrant, then I would follow the above posted advice, to the letter...... Just like i will DEMAND ATF Prosecute ANY State or local LEO, that REMOVED, even tempoarily, my FireArm from my possession, “For his Safety” which is a direct Violation of the GCA of 1968, as Ammended, because ALL my FireArms are part of my FFL Inventory, and there is NO exception or Provision in the stated Act that allows for such Removal from my Possession, of Inventory, without a Notation in my Bound Book, and against my will, or approval... by anyone but a FEDERAL Marchal, or ATF AGENT with a signed Warrant... The Statute & Law cuts BOTH WAYS...

Oddcaliber, arleigh and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Pretty common thing on I-95 here in South Carolina. We joke about the nice state troopers helping folks clean out their cars. An assistant manager at one of the restaurants I was a service tech for told me about getting stopped in 95 at Turbeville, SC (Well known speed trap!) and the trooper asked if she minded if he had a look in the car......two hours later she was bailed out by her husband for possession of schedule IV narcotics (His pain pills for his back, and he was not in the car), paid $275 to get her towed car back from the wrecker service, and ended up paying a lawyer $1300 to finally get her charges dismissed by jury trial.
    So....
    Never admit anything
    If asked if they can search your vehicle, the answer is NO
    If asked to step out of the vehicle, take the keys and lock the door as you get out
    DO NOT ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS, other than name and address
    Do not submit to any field sobriety test unless your lawyer is present. Politely tell the officer that you will submit to any tests your lawyer deems appropriate once he arrives.

The above advice comes from a good friend and successful attorney. He also states that the number 1 thing that gets clients in trouble is the inability to keep their mouth shut. Also, you DO have to present a drivers license if asked while operating a motor vehicle on a public roadway.

So to Big Ron, don't give them reason to pull you over and you should be fine.

7. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

What A police state !!!

Move with a motorhome that looks like a vacation ,, use canuks plates , ;)

This could be why I see so many yank plates up here .
    Many have moved here , but have moved back because this is NOT a USA, It's a gouging country . Fuel = 6.25 / gal , everything is MORE .
    12 beer (crap 4 here ) = 21.00 per 12 warm , 4L of read wine = 40.00$ cdn , same in usa @ 5L = 13.05 usd.

See !!
    Sloth

Ganado and Meat like this.
  8. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I have seen 2 of these searches.
    Where are you moving from and to?

9. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

That tracks well with what I've been told by LEOs in Texas.

3cyl likes this.
  10. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

Here in AZ, I have seen this by Flagstaff where I-17 meets I-40. I hear it's because its a drug corridor. I also have seen this over the years when I drove OTR. I have found just saying no, Nicely has helped me through the years. I am looking into the Missouri/Arkansas area. AZ is just too expensive and the lack of water is a problem.

Oddcaliber likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7