Why I Like The Disaster Prediction App

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by T. Riley, Apr 2, 2018.

1. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

This is last nights earthquake alert map and the alerts this morning. The predictions are based on immediate past events and what is happening on the sun (and some other stuff I am sure). Since it's inception, 90% of the energy released by earthquakes have occurred in the models alert zones. It is interesting to watch. Suspicious0bservers – Earthquakes | Space Weather | Cosmology – Your Mind is Your Weapon
    dpa2.
    DPA1.

DuxDawg, Ganado, Seepalaces and 4 others like this.
  2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I have the app and got the alerts this morning. I saw the warning of earthquakes then a 6.8 hit. It is well worth the few dollars that I paid for the app. I do not live in a high risk zone but I figure if a large event happens on American soil, I will know. I can also warn folks that I know that live in areas that maybe be at risk.

Ganado, Seepalaces, tacmotusn and 2 others like this.
  3. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

That's has to be better than how they predicted the paths for hurricane's

hurricane-matthew-path-met-office-673930.

Ganado, Seepalaces, tacmotusn and 3 others like this.
  4. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Aw come on Bishop, it is fun getting a snootful and playing drunken weatherman slinging rainbow colored spaghetti at a map tacked to the wall, and just about as accurate.

5. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

When we lived in Bolivia, we had many people tell us that Bolivia never has earthquakes. Hilarious.

sec_monkey, ochit and Motomom34 like this.
  6. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

They we're oblivious

sec_monkey, ochit and Motomom34 like this.
  7. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

Meh, I have a theory when you are routinely ranked as one of the five worst nations in world economies, suddenly you cling to any distinction you can muster. "Earthquakes? We don't have 'em. Only you gringos need to worry about that stuff." And they're right. The stuff they typically deal with is far worse than earthquakes.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7