Wild Animals & forest fires

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Motomom34, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I have been watching the California fires and
    We think about us (humans), we think about our pets but what about the wild critters? This is something that people need to consider and remember. I saw this meme type thing and not sure about leaving a bucket of water out for them, but why not.
    DQbTlA8U8AA9xrJ. (click to enlarge)

I like that the forestry department is reminding folks of this. Many think that because they live in suburbia that their pets and children are safe from wild animals. The above is what to do.

This is what NOT to do-

This guy while evacuating, stops his car to rescue a bunny. He put himself in danger. He put evacuating citizens in danger. Bad move on his part.

2. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Maybe if it was already cooked and I was hungry...

Altoidfishfins, oil pan 4 and Ura-Ki like this.
  3. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Dude is probably a Cajun and thinking about browning it down in onions!

Bandit99, Ura-Ki and Motomom34 like this.
  4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

See it all the time, big fires and small alike, from mice to bears and every thing in btween! We had a rather large herd of elk follow us out to a safe area during the Napa fires, we didn't know they were following until one of the trailing trucks stopped to check gear and was almost over run! These critters have to flee where ever they can and many times they end up with humans! Fine if it' Bamby, not so much when it's not so Gentle Ben!

5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Supper, cooked on the hoof...

Gator 45/70 and Altoidfishfins like this.
  6. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

So we fill up one of @Ura-Ki 's water tankers with barbecue sauce...

7. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Happens all the time that's how Smokey the bear became the forestry Mascot he was found on a wild fire smoking and rescued

8. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey+++

Ma Nature is not always warm and fuzzy.

9. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

That cute little bunny probably scratched the guy all up and he now has to get rabies shots.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Motomom34 likes this.
  11. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

12. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I know you all have been worried and wondering so here is an up-date on the bunny:

4730CA8D00000578-5169117-image-m-5_1513035526756.

The bunny is doing fine. He has burns on his ears and feet but will be fine. The vets say it will be a long recovery but no lasting effects. And no @Gator 45/70 the bunny will not be available for adoption. No fricassee for you! :LOL:

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7